Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the press witch hunt surrounding the Sterling transfer is because it represents a real marker and a wake up call to the old sky 4 - particularly the dippers. Up until now all concerned have taken comfort that we were just another Blackburn temporarily buoyed by a rich owner and kept in check by ffp. The Sterling deal is the equivalent of Stevie G moving to Chelsea ten years ago, but that didn't quite come off and left the dippers feeling they were still the force they were in the 70/80's. It's a hard time for Liverpool as they adjust to a probably a regular Europa rather than CL spot as well as being a selling club. This is also no doubt ruffling a few feathers and cosy relationships in the press, and in the meantime we will have to get used to being cast as the villain until the penny finishes dropping about our long term plans. Change is painful - even for hardened sports journo's!

I think the press witch hunt surrounding the Sterling transfer is because it represents a real marker and a wake up call to the old sky 4 - particularly the dippers. Up until now all concerned have taken comfort that we were just another Blackburn temporarily buoyed by a rich owner and kept in check by ffp. The Sterling deal is the equivalent of Stevie G moving to Chelsea ten years ago, but that didn't quite come off and left the dippers feeling they were still the force they were in the 70/80's. It's a hard time for Liverpool as they adjust to a probably a regular Europa rather than CL spot as well as being a selling club. This is also no doubt ruffling a few feathers and cosy relationships in the press, and in the meantime we will have to get used to being cast as the villain until the penny finishes dropping about our long term plans. Change is painful - even for hardened sports journo's!

+1. Its basically going to be us against the media this season. I can't see us getting credit for anything.

Here's an idea, generally whilst I don't think their is an agenda as such against us, there definitely is a negative slant in most stories about us. Either because it attracts the click bait/ad revenue for the majority of the Sky4 fans who like reading how shit we are at everything or because as someone earlier alluded the lazy journalists have been in bed with the Sky4 for so long they have some form of Stockholm syndrome & can't help themselves

Anyway, I just clicked on an independent article about the Vietnam tour written by Kim Megson, not a negative headline but yet again the body of text is laced with sly digs at us, ticket sales not great, other clubs more popular, what's the point of us being there blah blah blah, utter shit as usual.

Now with Ric being alerted by the mirror re posting full text poses a problem we don't want to post links as this gives the tossers what they want. How about a new thread just for links to the articles, under the link a brief description whether it's a negative or positive article about us. Forum members can then click on the links if they want, ideally they'll click on all the positive ones - they may also click on the negative ones if sadistically they want to read, but if so maybe they can then post a comment or send the writer a tweet about the shit they've just put about our club?

Any thoughts

Great article and nicely written, I enjoyed reading that. At the end it left me wondering what it will take for these ex-professionals and 'journalists' to end their general tirade at young city players and various other players they gang up on. Clinical depression? And heaven forbid, and I don't like to even think this, never mind write it, but is it that inconceivable that a young player, just out of childhood, could attempt to take his own life under such vicious pressure on him and his young family?
These boys claim not to read the press and social media but it is nigh on impossible to feel the groundswell of hatred when their first touch is met with a chorus of boos in somewhere as far as Australia. Sad times.

Thanks, I wouldn't want to state categorically that players' well being will be affected by constant criticism, but it cannot help - the mental state of footballers has been overlooked for decades, as if people with money and success couldn't possibly be depressed - it's about time those in the media gave some thought to the feelings of those they write about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.