Media bias against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media seem to make the basic error of assuming that having played the game to a decent level somehow qualifies these former players to be
able to critique others performances.
The game that Nicholas and others of his ilk played was a hugely different game from the one they are being asked to comment on, and it really shows .
They sound pretty much like the sorts down the pub who trot out the same prejudiced nonsense, but then that is where the sorts get it from.
The pundits spout and the great unwashed lap it up - sorted!

Thompson, Merson et al have to be see for what they really are. The pretence is that these guys offer great insight and expertise but in fact what they offer is only opinion.

In some cases the opinion of ex players is well worth listening to - Neville and Souness for instance. But too often the opinions we hear not just on Soccer Saturday but Talksport, 5 live and many more are too easily formed and swayed by club and personal allegiances - their own personal biases and agendas - and is based on an inadequate knowledge base.

Bluntly, I value the opinion of the bloke that sits next to me at the stadium more than Charlie Nicholas's, because he has seen every single minute that City have played in the league this season, and Nicholas hasn't.

As for Merson, I must say it does amuse me that somebody somewhere actually pays good money for the benefit of his 'expert' opinion.
The somebody somewhere is every sky subscriber

Charlie Nicholas pissed his career up the wall. In England he won the league cup. ONE LEAGUE CUP. wow what a legend.

City's failure to capitalize on their chances almost cost them, as Newcastle's conversion rate outshines City's dramatically.*
*Non-called offsides would actually increase this dramatic headline!

Hart's last stud on his right boot saves the day for woeful Blues, who only performed well for 20 minutes of the 90!

When I visited the bbc website today, an offer to give my opinion on it popped up.

As well as telling them that I don't like their dumbing down to cater for the Hello magazine readership, I told them to get their heads out of United's rectum when it comes to football reporting.

Ah, it felt good. For a moment. Then I realised how far my comments are not going to go :(

When I visited the bbc website today, an offer to give my opinion on it popped up.

As well as telling them that I don't like their dumbing down to cater for the Hello magazine readership, I told them to get their heads out of United's rectum when it comes to football reporting.

Ah, it felt good. For a moment. Then I realised how far my comments are not going to go :(
I got a survey from BT Sport today and gave them both barrels about the standard of their football punditry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.