Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is shocking from the bbc again and they would never dare ask united and lukaku the question on why move to united from everton for £90million
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40662973

walker
(He said: "It is a big fee but it is nothing to do with me)

it makes me sick why manchester city and players have to be asked this time and time again shocking story and they know what they are doing

I think the paragraph that makes the most sense out of this is:

"Loans were a way of showing mercy and avoiding the financial waste of buying a permanent player to cover a temporary situation. Loans were a compromise solution."

I don't really think it's about us spending money - I read it more as a criticism of clubs taking advantage of circumstances to bring in players they'd love to spend money on but don't want to actually commit to (bit like taking a hooker out rather than committing to a relationship).

The loan system when it started was about "we've just lost our 2 right backs for 3 months - we need a stop gap" (before the intro of "the Window"- it's now more like "oh look City have 50 players on their books, we must be able to get at least one on loan for the season with them paying 50% of the wages"

Taking the above into account, and as has been stated on here numerous times, we've still not learnt to play hardball and we're still paying wages that are too high. 2-3 seasons down the line I don't expect the same

Yes, that's pretty much how I read it.
I suspect there's an element of not wanting Hart to waste his time or hang around, and that taking something is better than nothing. WHU knew that, and have more influence on the final deal.

Mail at it again today a really derisory article about City paying 80 Mill for 2 RBs including 54 Mill for Walker. Over the page in capitals they say Lukaky cost 75 Mill.

What is the point of it all ? Everyone outside the swamp knows the true cost of both deals so why the lies ?

Taking the view that the media people are not stupid or corrupt ( recent events make this difficult I know) then who is pushing this tripe ? The ONLY answer is the rags PR machine, who naturally want to hide the fact that the club is very badly run from the top & as usual are trying to buy success at any cost. They dare not let the 658 million fans know that they are clueless idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.