Media Thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mat, 14 Jul 2017.

1. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

As do Sky.

But tbf the MOTD version of our game was nowhere near as bad as the Sky version for sound.

I can't think of any technical reason for such a reduction as Sky had. You could give the BBC benefit of the doubt on that but Sky was drastic & actually cut it whilst the game was in progress & the commentator was then so fucking loud by comparison, it was just wrong.

I'd be tempted to be a **** if I wrote about Utd as a 'journalist' or if I was in a truck in charge of their sound, so it's no surprise imo that this shit happens.

2. fulabeer

fulabeer

The crowd noise might not be intentional. I switched between SD (stereo) to HD (DD 5.1)then to UHD 4K(DD5.1) and each channel had a different level of crowd sound. The UHD Channel was the worst. The surround channels were completely missing. The SD channel was ok but only in stereo/prologic surround.
    For some reason Dolby Digital 5.1 has always had varying problems. The BBC can be the worse culprits. With DD 5.1, many times the centre channel can disappear. Same with the surround sound. They normally sort it out at half time.

3. Newquayblue

Newquayblue

It does make me laugh, but the lack of accountability is very annoying, even worrying in some ways.

4. Rolee

Rolee

Accountability is only considered if viewing figures drop.

5. Newquayblue

Newquayblue

The number of saves de Gea has to make is totally over looked --- I accept he's an amazing keeper but, even now, I'd have Eddy.

6. Newquayblue

Newquayblue

+1

7. Rolee

Rolee

87 ( joint 2nd highest in the league) to Ederson's 44.

And it's City that have the so called dodgy defence.

8. feelymcfeel

feelymcfeel

This for me is a key stat. People bleat about how United are in second place, and are only 16 points behind, not because they're poor but because City are exceptional. People overlook the fact that if they didn't have a top class keeper making all of these saves, and had Massimo Taibi in net for example, they'd be comfortably mid table. The only reason they are where they are is because they have a good goalkeeper.

9. davymcfc

davymcfc

I have to say watching on Saturday night you could see the crowd clapping and being active but the noise was so faint. I’m not normally a conspiracy theorist but I have a theory that someone wants to make us look more quiet than we are. Neville constantly comments about it but I have seen him commentate at places like Anfield and it has been like a morgue and no mention of lack of atmosphere. Then the moment there is some singing they will mention it. Just seems really strange to me and I have no idea why someone would do it. It’s definitely happening though.

10. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Well if you put half the people on here, in charge of editing, doing the sound, talking on radio or writing about Manchester Utd, how many of them would try to fuck them over by one means or another ? And then if their employers were actively trying to sell their product to the fanbase of Utd, Liverpool as well, what is to deter them from stitching up City & promoting those clubs ?

Many of the people working on City, tv radio press whatever, don't like us, & many will be fans of Manchester Utd. Then we have the Liverpool, Arsenal fans etc.

It's human nature. I don't get why some people on here, still don't accept how, quite obviously, people are going to behave like that, if they can.

Sometimes it could just be an accident, or coinicidence, or just that he person doesn't give a fuck, because it's us. But some of it will certainly be deliberate.