Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not one for the organised agenda theory, but there's still a southern bias in some of the media. 5 live this morning did a five minute piece on Tottenham's performance last night, absolutely eulogising about "one of the greatest European comebacks ever" ??? Didn't even mention that City had played, let alone won four nil away at a ground where every other English team has come unstuck !!! As earlier posters have stated though - Nobby Savage definitely sounds like a convert now - the bloke he wouldn't pay to watch a couple of seasons ago is now the best midfielder in the world !!

He has openly admitted to that mistake and has said live pre match, that he's received untold grief reminding him of it
I don’t believe any supporters realised quite what we were getting when KDB was announced. Not sure why we need to keep vilifying people for having an opinion, especially when they’ve admitted they were wrong? I would, of course, never apply that logic to anything said by Stan Collymore!!

Savage has gone from a Pep hater to a Pep lover since he met him for the first time earlier today. He is the biggest suck up on TV and will be all over us from now on. He did the same with Mancini.

Ah that's the explanation.

I was wondering what the fuck was going on. Whether BT had instructed Savage to start bulling City up, as they have realised they are going to need us.

His comments on most things were almost a direct opposite in attitude, compared to the typical Savage City commentary we are used to. It was indeed, more like his Mancini days. Pep has 'charmed' him maybe.

The constant badgering by City fans has had some results though I feel. We have seen Dunny brought in this season, & what the fuck has happened to Rio Ferdinand ? Either someone at BT has had a word, or he's just decided he was making a fool of himself trying to sell Utd by being bitter toward us. He is practically a City fan these days.

In spite of the raggy control room turning the crowd mics down, Sky had Steph Houghton & Shay Given in the studio for our last game & no Leicester or Utd representative.

That's almost unheard of.

Watched the highlights on TV3 over here last night (don't have BT) after the Spurs game had finished (That was the live one) and Brian Kerr couldn't give us a word of praise. Sloppy passing, got away with a penalty, dodgy defence, better teams will exploit our weaknesses. Zzzzz.......

I wonder what the Media will consider a successful season for City come May, compared to fans?

pre-season i think they had us as title challengers and have a good go at Europe but the media will forget that - will anything but league, a domestic cup and european final (win or lose) be suddenly construed as failure "considering out formidable resources (zzz)"

I wonder what the Media will consider a successful season for City come May, compared to fans?

pre-season i think they had us as title challengers and have a good go at Europe but the media will forget that - will anything but league, a domestic cup and european final (win or lose) be suddenly construed as failure "considering out formidable resources (zzz)"
We could;-
Win the League - it wouldn't be by enough points due to the money we've spent
Win League Cup - only because no big clubs take it seriously
Win FA cup - big teams were focusing on Europe
Win Champion's League - because it was a very weak competition this season.

Watched the highlights on TV3 over here last night (don't have BT) after the Spurs game had finished (That was the live one) and Brian Kerr couldn't give us a word of praise. Sloppy passing, got away with a penalty, dodgy defence, better teams will exploit our weaknesses. Zzzzz.......

Saw that and even the interviewer was negative. It certainly was a great result last night for which very little credit was given but I must admit that our defence started the game very poorly and a better team could have punished us.

I'm not one for the organised agenda theory, but there's still a southern bias in some of the media. 5 live this morning did a five minute piece on Tottenham's performance last night, absolutely eulogising about "one of the greatest European comebacks ever" ??? Didn't even mention that City had played, let alone won four nil away at a ground where every other English team has come unstuck !!! As earlier posters have stated though - Nobby Savage definitely sounds like a convert now - the bloke he wouldn't pay to watch a couple of seasons ago is now the best midfielder in the world !!
Yes we smashed four past Napoli who are ahead of Juve and their ageing stars in Seria A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.