Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if Pep took over the rags, he would make a decent football team out of them. Certainly one which would have just battered Seville twice.

In order to turn them into a team like City, he would start a long process of replacing most of their players & attempting to sign players of the quality we have at City.
On paper they only look a couple of defenders away from having a potentially decent team to me. I just find it odd that they have a manager whose whole game plan has always been based on having a great defence and after all the money they have spent, they have a mid-table defence in terms of personnel. I think that's why he gets quite so many players behind the ball because he knows his defenders are really poor. And then you have a knock on effect of the creative players really suffering in the "system". He is absolutely destroying the likes of pogba and martial. Frankly, it's fucking hilarious.

On paper they only look a couple of defenders away from having a potentially decent team to me. I just find it odd that they have a manager whose whole game plan has always been based on having a great defence and after all the money they have spent, they have a mid-table defence in terms of personnel. I think that's why he gets quite so many players behind the ball because he knows his defenders are really poor. And then you have a knock on effect of the creative players really suffering in the "system". He is absolutely destroying the likes of pogba and martial. Frankly, it's fucking hilarious.

well he's spent £60m on Bailly and Lindelof so it's not like he hasn't invested. Maybe Alderweireld and Rose will bail them out this summer but so far it's just because he's bought poorly.

well he's spent £60m on Bailly and Lindelof so it's not like he hasn't invested. Maybe Alderweireld and Rose will bail them out this summer but so far it's just because he's bought poorly.
True but they have spent huge amounts on attackers and tried to sort the defence on the relatively cheap. It is absolutely staggering to me that with all the money they have spent on their squad, their best back four is probably valencia, bailly, smalling and young. Why on earth were they fucking around throwing so much money at the sanchez deal when that is their back four? Thank goodness they did though.

But if it was the other way round, we wouldn't have Ian Wright on tv, explaining how City's players were as good as Utd's, we'd have Ian Wright sucking the Utd players' dicks & explaining how universally shit our team & manager were by comparison.

On another day, these wankers all nod sagely when someone says Aguero is the best stiker in the Prem, Sane one of the best young talents they have seen, or KDB the best player, Kompany the best ever defender, and they agree how bizarre it is that David Silva (or Aguero) never gets player of the year, then they go right out & tell everybody Lukaku, Smalling, Pogba & Jesse fucking Lingard & as good as them.

It's downright disrespectful. Mancini's City team or Pellegrini's City team, both with Silva, Kompany, Aguero, would have torn Utd a new arsehole last night, they wouldn't have needed Pep, the same players who have been outclassing them for fucking years, would have done so again.

But if it was the other way round, we wouldn't have Ian Wright on tv, explaining how City's players were as good as Utd's, we'd have Ian Wright sucking the Utd players' dicks & explaining how universally shit our team & manager were by comparison.

On another day, these wankers all nod sagely when someone says Aguero is the best stiker in the Prem, Sane one of the best young talents they have seen, or KDB the best player, Kompany the best ever defender, and they agree how bizarre it is that David Silva (or Aguero) never gets player of the year, then they go right out & tell everybody Lukaku, Smalling, Pogba & Jesse fucking Lingard & as good as them.

It's downright disrespectful. Mancini's City team or Pellegrini's City team, both with Silva, Kompany, Aguero, would have torn Utd a new arsehole last night, they wouldn't have needed Pep, the same players who have been outclassing them for fucking years, would have done so again.
I don't disagree with that but their attacking players are nowhere near as bad as they currently look. I think Mancini or Pellegrini would be doing much better with those players let alone Pep. martial, pogba, mata, rashford and lukaku are all decent. Not saying they are anywhere near the quality we have but they should really worry most defences whereas at the moment the biggest danger for opposition defenders is that united will score while they are laughing uncontrollably at pogba's attempts at passing the ball.

I don't disagree with that but their attacking players are nowhere near as bad as they currently look. I think Mancini or Pellegrini would be doing much better with those players let alone Pep. martial, pogba, mata, rashford and lukaku are all decent. Not saying they are anywhere near the quality we have but they should really worry most defences whereas at the moment the biggest danger for opposition defenders is that united will score while they are laughing uncontrollably at pogba's attempts at passing the ball.

Pellegrini would have them lined up.

De Gea

Valencia
Bailly
Lindhof
Shaw

Matic

Pogba

Mata
Sanchez

Lukaku
Martial.

We'd dick them. Liverpool would dick them, maybe even Spurs. But they'd dick Seville. They'd score a lot of goals.

What I find most bizare is, how they're all so confused. Most knowledgable City fans can see their weaknesses. Last night could have happened in their last three games.
For a laugh, I've watched a few fanzone type videos. To a man, they all think they were 'great' against Liverpool. They got so fucking lucky, avoided 4/5 tight penalty calls, scored from two very basic defensive errors. Beating Liverpool was more luck than design.

Allow any half decent team so much position, possession and space and you'll normally lose. If Saville had a decent striker, the tie would have been long over.

Nothing about last night was a surprise to me. Well, being honest I'm a little surprised they didn't get lucky. United somehow continually buck the percentages. They have one of the most porous defences, offer up so many chance. They have a good keeper but many times its luck.

My favorite bit currently, they're all slowly waking up to PEG and what he does. He does it everywhere, yet these delusional fools thought, or were so arrogant to believe that they would be different.
This guy only gives a shit about one thing, and it ain't Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.