Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if Pep took over the rags, he would make a decent football team out of them. Certainly one which would have just battered Seville twice.

In order to turn them into a team like City, he would start a long process of replacing most of their players & attempting to sign players of the quality we have at City.

I can't quite decide if it is or compliment or simply disrespectful how people keep going on about if they had Pep. What has been disrespectful and idiotic have been suggestions in the past that he should have gone there.

I think Pep would make any of the top teams better but he should just be talked about in terms of the clubs he has managed and the one he currently manages.

Peg is not getting the best out of his very expensive resources but City have so much more quality in their ranks.

Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star(I know) thought United were dark horses to win the champions leagu,so I took the time to read his match report.Everyone should have a quick look,the last line is brilliant.

Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star(I know) thought United were dark horses to win the champions leagu,so I took the time to read his match report.Everyone should have a quick look,the last line is brilliant.

This One?

"Cue the arrival of Yedder, who beat De Gea with a clinical finish on 74 minutes before bundling a header over the line four minutes later to leave United with no way back and Mourinho looking a total mug".

At the start of the season I was sick to the back teeth of every pundit telling us that City's defence was a weakness which could easily result in another trophyless season before repeating the soundbite they had been fed by the OT ministry of truth that, when you look at that United squad you just can't see a weakness. Mourinho teams always "find a way to win" and are far better suited to the PL than Guardiola's visionary nonsense. Now Mourinho is no longer a pragmatist but a dead hand holding back a squad every bit as talented as City's and condemning United to second place (and oblivion in the CL) instead of the world domination their superb fans deserve. Blues have a word for such logic...

I don't doubt that Guardiola would get United playing better than they are now, but I am sure that it certainly would not be this United. Pep is adamant that it is players who get the results and his first task at OT would be to get rid of the dead wood, just as he did at City. At United though this would hardly leave a member of their first eleven left. And the first through the door would be De Gea, who is a great shot stopper but a dreadful footballer. Nor is there a footballer in the back four - the fullbacks are too old and slow as well and every one of the many CBs are very good at kicking for touch but get vertigo more than 5 yards away from their own penalty area. Matic, Fellaini and Pogba are the wrong size and shape and need a football brain transplant. Pep didn't want Pogba anyway. Lukaku's chances of surviving the Pep cull would be remote in the extreme. All of which means the only players Pep MIGHT keep are Rashford, Lingard, Martial and .... Sanchez. But then with these players he'd have to see whether they matched up at all to the press hype. The he'd build a real team... Thank God he'll never go to OT!

They can’t beat us on the pitch, they’ve tried the referees, FFP , brutality and now the media is being used.......albeit subtlety.
Gary Nelville (he is a half decent pundit by the way) is ensuring again he is getting into the referees heads.....his comments about “all good teams giving away free kicks in the right areas” was said not to praise City but to ensure the message got through.......he is basically abusing his position !
It really must be churning him up inside to have to commentate on the beautiful football we play compared to the up and under tactics being played in Stretford!
Desperation !

At the start of the season I was sick to the back teeth of every pundit telling us that City's defence was a weakness which could easily result in another trophyless season before repeating the soundbite they had been fed by the OT ministry of truth that, when you look at that United squad you just can't see a weakness. Mourinho teams always "find a way to win" and are far better suited to the PL than Guardiola's visionary nonsense. Now Mourinho is no longer a pragmatist but a dead hand holding back a squad every bit as talented as City's and condemning United to second place (and oblivion in the CL) instead of the world domination their superb fans deserve. Blues have a word for such logic...

I don't doubt that Guardiola would get United playing better than they are now, but I am sure that it certainly would not be this United. Pep is adamant that it is players who get the results and his first task at OT would be to get rid of the dead wood, just as he did at City. At United though this would hardly leave a member of their first eleven left. And the first through the door would be De Gea, who is a great shot stopper but a dreadful footballer. Nor is there a footballer in the back four - the fullbacks are too old and slow as well and every one of the many CBs are very good at kicking for touch but get vertigo more than 5 yards away from their own penalty area. Matic, Fellaini and Pogba are the wrong size and shape and need a football brain transplant. Pep didn't want Pogba anyway. Lukaku's chances of surviving the Pep cull would be remote in the extreme. All of which means the only players Pep MIGHT keep are Rashford, Lingard, Martial and .... Sanchez. But then with these players he'd have to see whether they matched up at all to the press hype. The he'd build a real team... Thank God he'll never go to OT!
Great post. No one in the media has mentioned the lack of technical ability in United's team which is the fundamental issue. Apparently Rashford is a great player but can't play on the right side. Our front three swap positions relentlessly. It baffles the crowd never mind our opponents. The lack of mobility in the Rags team is staggering. Lukaku is strong and quick but he can't trap the ball so it bounces off his shins for several yards. He is really just another Andy Carroll. Pogba has no awareness of what is happening around him. Mata is the only one Pep would keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.