Media Thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mat, 14 Jul 2017.

1. TCIB

TCIB

Currently, netdev
    lol, allow the fans to cart the tray of grub to the press area. It goes out looking fit for a king and can you imagine the extras added to it by the time it got to the press area hahahahahahahahahahah.

If they are smart they will stay well away from the iced tea.

2. Shirley

Shirley

It's a fact of life so we have to get used to it until the rags outspend us then they will get the same by hacks such as Sam Wallace......

"It is not just City’s starting XI either, there was a bench worth around £207 million in transfer fees, more than it cost to build Brighton’s Amex Stadium and the club’s training ground."

3. KCblue

KCblue

A totally irrelevant point when it comes to what happens on the field, but it's what they have to stoop to these days. I think it's funny. The only side to finish top four in all of the last seven seasons, so the only ammo to use against us is what we pay for players and "empty seats." I'd rather win the league with 98% attendance than finish sixth with 99% attendance, but to each their own I suppose...

4. SilverFox2

SilverFox2

I for one am proud that our team can spend as much as it has and still make a profit without any debt.The country should be proud that this has happened and apply its business principles to any sector of industry they want and applaud its progress.

The business plan worked as the cartel feared and now all the media can complain about is that we can afford the team we have. They should ask why the others cannot.
    Brighton deserve their day against City and played well defensively and if the rule that tried to stop our owner was not in place probably Brighton would have had a similar chance via another rich owner but the cartel has stopped that opportunity not City.

Edit.
    Perhaps Mr Draper should ask why his own media employers are not able to emulate being profitable, spend heavily on its employees and be debt free.

5. Marvin

Marvin

Student
    Am I being over sensitive on the City biggest spenders?

I make it City have net spend of £145m, and Utd £155m but if you take Lukaku at £75m then their net spend is £140m

6. paulchapo

paulchapo

I have read some dreadful bile written tripe since our takeover but the Draper slug s account is right up there as one of the worst. You won't ever read anything like this when the rags or any of the old order win anything. The same with any of the European giants. I wish the club would do something about such hate filled rhetoric but they never do. It's a pity Mickey and the old boys couldn't have a quite word with the scum.

7. Prophet of Doom

Prophet of Doom

The Mail report by Draper is one of the most embarrassing I've seen on us at any time since the takeover. The fact this clown has almost completely ignored the game to spew this garbage is a pathetic. Lest we forget he is the author of the Class of 92 book. It will be interesting to see if his first Utd match report mentions money. We all know the answer to that.

8. bluealf

bluealf

It is time somebody at the club did something tbh, I know it shouldn't bother us but when we can't even read a report on a game of football without having to read vile shit like that then it is a poor do, it is also okay to say "well don't read it" but after a game it would be nice to read a balanced point of view on the game and see if it matched up with how you seen it play out but that isn't available to us and hasn't since the takeover.

9. Marvin

Marvin

Student
    "It ended as you anticipated. The team whose squad was worth £596 million and are effectively the public relations arm of an energy-rich Arab state eventually found their way past the club who have spent 34 painful years returning to this level having almost dropped off the Football League radar 20 years ago and whose squad was worth £37.5m."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-City-Sergio-Aguero-target.html#ixzz4pcTxcOG1
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

10. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    I'm surprised that one or two of these "journalists" haven't received a belt or two in the past. If I'm correct, the press box isn't separated by too much from the great unwashed. If that nice Mr Draper (for example!) was sat in one of the perimeter seats in the press box, and was recognised by some of our fans, I'm sure they wouldn't want to be exchanging pleasantries with him.