Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just watched our game on MOTD on the Sunday repeat and it started with the work Brighton do with disability in the community. Nothing wrong with that really but surely it should be on one of those reports they do on football focus as a pre game build up? Call me cynical but as soon as the report finished and we go to the game the first thing Pearce says is our summer signings cost more than the whole of Brighton's team and stadium combined. This sets the tone, big bad moneybags City against poor cobbled together humble Brighton, who are all volunteers for the local community and just play football for fun. You get the jist. I think we were one of the first clubs who started all this many blue moons ago when we were still good old little CIty and our new owners have of course poured millions into the local community too, not just the football team. Selective reporting yet again.

The money thing is selective, unimaginative and boring now but they always do a community feature for one club on the Sunday repeat.

"They fought, they battled..."

Bollocks. They showed zero fucking ambition and spent the whole game in their own half. It pisses me off when teams park the bus and get praised for "battling and working hard" this is the Premier League! I know they don't want a battering but if you're not gonna at least have a go against the big teams what is the point in being promoted?

Spot on with all of that imo.

Its the narrative that they are somehow reinventing the fucking wheel of football tactics by doing it that grinds my gears and somehow teaching us a lesson with our fancy football.

Ive got time for any side that tries to play and win whilst park bus merchants can just go and get fucked!

Its the narrative that they are somehow reinventing the fucking wheel of football tactics by doing it that grinds my gears and somehow teaching us a lesson with our fancy football.

Ive got time for any side that tries to play and win whilst park bus merchants can just go and get fucked!
The West Ham friendly did for me, it's a friendly, you're losing and still park the bus right up to full-time. Surely practicing chasing the game at 0-2 is more beneficial.

They'd better park it well today or chase like fuck late on!!!

The West Ham friendly did for me, it's a friendly, you're losing and still park the bus right up to full-time. Surely practicing chasing the game at 0-2 is more beneficial.

They'd better park it well today or chase like fuck late on!!!

With the poorer sides it will always look like they are parking the bus just because of our possession %

I agree, of course they played defensively it was their only chance like Burnley did last year.
This time we were mainly defensively sound but still allowed them shots on goal even with low possession.

However what else can the press write about, Mr Draper apparently dislikes successful financial investments that are profitable and others write that we should have scored more.

Last edited:
You really post some shite
Perhaps, but what he said this time was correct.

Brighton's only hope was to defend like mad and hope that they might catch us on the break and sneak a draw. That was the only sensible tactic. Had they gone toe to toe with us, it would have been a cricket score.

When Utd stump up the cash for Perisic It's squad value will be pretty much identical with ours. I wonder if the press will have a pop at their spending?
What the he'll am I talking about. I know the answer.

Perhaps, but what he said this time was correct.

Brighton's only hope was to defend like mad and hope that they might catch us on the break and sneak a draw. That was the only sensible tactic. Had they gone toe to toe with us, it would have been a cricket score.

Yep our goal came when they actually had a bit of possession kdb won the ball back and we actually had space to run against only 2/3 Brighton players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.