Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the daily trollograph will be running a similar story on Kyle Walker very soon.....

Five reasons why £75million for Romelu Lukaku is money well spent by Manchester United
1. He is a proven Premier League goalscorer
2. He should get better and his value will not drop
3. Harry Kane is not available
4. His size and strength
5. Strengthening at the expense of a rival

I'm sure the daily trollograph will be running a similar story on Kyle Walker very soon.....

Five reasons why £75million for Romelu Lukaku is money well spent by Manchester United
1. He is a proven Premier League goalscorer
2. He should get better and his value will not drop
3. Harry Kane is not available
4. His size and strength
5. Strengthening at the expense of a rival
So they are realising everton are their rivals now? they can't mean the champions surely

Just watching the Dippers vs Palace whilst I decorate and fucking Tyler just said "Liverpool still got a few irons in the fire for new players, but unlike City who just go out and pay the asking price, are trying to negotiate lower fees like the rest of the clubs in the world"

Knobhead. Cant wait for him to retire.

Just watching the Dippers vs Palace whilst I decorate and fucking Tyler just said "Liverpool still got a few irons in the fire for new players, but unlike City who just go out and pay the asking price, are trying to negotiate lower fees like the rest of the clubs in the world"

He's not wrong though.

There are more clubs than City who are capable of spanking the asking price. If we were a club that paid whatever it takes to secure the players we would like, then Mendy, Alves, Sanches and no doubt other top players would be wearing the Sky Blue shirt no sooner than the transfer window was open.

If he wants to have a go at a Team, then he should look no further than the Rag's. Let's face it, they have just spanked £90m (with add-ons) on Lukaku who is at best a solid mid-table striker. They also Spanked nigh on £30m for Luke Shaw in the 14/15 season Summer transfer window, who is at best a squad player for them. And how can we forget the £27.5m the spent on Bog Brush. They have single handedly and systematically ramped up the price of bang average players spanning the whole of the Premiership era (obviously discounting the £35m blip that was Carrol to the Dippers). Yet the press hacks and TV pundits won't dare say a word against them. Sh**houses, the lot of em.......

Is it? Doesn't it just say how nice it is to see a club putting their money where their mouth is. That one of his counter examples of trying to do things on the cheap is his own team WHU makes his views on use of loans clear.

I think the paragraph that makes the most sense out of this is:

"Loans were a way of showing mercy and avoiding the financial waste of buying a permanent player to cover a temporary situation. Loans were a compromise solution."

I don't really think it's about us spending money - I read it more as a criticism of clubs taking advantage of circumstances to bring in players they'd love to spend money on but don't want to actually commit to (bit like taking a hooker out rather than committing to a relationship).

The loan system when it started was about "we've just lost our 2 right backs for 3 months - we need a stop gap" (before the intro of "the Window"- it's now more like "oh look City have 50 players on their books, we must be able to get at least one on loan for the season with them paying 50% of the wages"

Taking the above into account, and as has been stated on here numerous times, we've still not learnt to play hardball and we're still paying wages that are too high. 2-3 seasons down the line I don't expect the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.