Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if he looks at what Liverpool did in the 80s correctly and more in depth then he'll find that they basically cherry picked players who did well for their clubs against them.
John wark for Ipswich.
Paul Walsh for Luton.
Nigel spackman for Chelsea.
Gary gillespie for Coventry.
To name but a few!
I suppose John Barnes, Peter Beardsley and Craig Johnston all grew up in toxteth and came through the ranks.
Stanley really needs to think before he speaks.
Poor old Stanley- he has quite a history for getting angry and lashing out.

BT Sports coverage was OK I thought. Just watched the highlights and they had Lineker at the end with Rio, Owen and Lampard.

They went for Chelsea as the English club with the most chance of winning it on the basis that they would be prepared to defend against the top sides whereas 'other' sides would probably go toe to toe with them and get beat. i think that is fair comment.
Rio said City must have been hard for him

You think Utd will go 'toe to toe' with Real Madrid or Barca ?

What they really mean is, they don't think Utd are good enough, but haven't got the balls to say so.
If Lukaku gets injured they've had it but the man has an unbelievable appearances record. Does he ever get injured? I think Utd have improved on last season but I'd put Chelsea way above them because they've got the solidity that Utd have, but also have players like Willian, Hazard and Morata who are far better than anything Utd have going forward.

If Lukaku gets injured they've had it but the man has an unbelievable appearances record. Does he ever get injured? I think Utd have improved on last season but I'd put Chelsea way above them because they've got the solidity that Utd have, but also have players like Willian, Hazard and Morata who are far better than anything Utd have going forward.

The pundits were classing Utd as a side who will play attacking football but might be a bit shakey at the back, as if they are somehow a similar outfit to us.

There's been far better ex Liverpool players than Collymore(is it true he himself was bought for an English record fee at the time?), why is he the most bitter conceited one of them all? He seems to have it in especially for us.

The PL became about who has the money to compete as soon as the TV money(Sky and the like) came into it and they all had investment too before then.

If all their trophies came from teams of players they developed themselves, rather than poaching the best players you could maybe understand the inflated sense of righteousness Liverpool and the like have but we all know it's bullshit. We had investment, we are now in profit, earning what we spend, so are Chelsea and bitter little mugs like him can't hack it.

Who does he even work for these days? Can we make an example of him and give him a stadium ban?... would love to see his twitter meltdown after it. Maybe don't even tell him until he tries to enter too so we can catch it on social media videos, complete with banter from our fans.

Last edited:
Haha. To be fair a dislocated shoulder is incredibly painful. Doesn't stop you waving with your good side though as being strapped into a stretcher in a neck brace inevitably does. A fact lost on Tony Gale whom I genuinely had never heard of before his uneducated comments.
Clearly Mr.Gale is full of hot air!

90520860f965ff0d4e288261e02bb363.jpg

This is the BBC's front page on the iPhone. I can't even find anything about us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.