Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

BT finally gave us and City a proper CL show last night. Richard and Julian were a bit wooden as pundits, but were very positive about City. TBF you wouldn't expect anything less seeing as they were both ex-City players. Thought Keown was also good. All in all BT did a good job last night, which went some way to making up for the disgraceful way they've treated us and City previously in the CL. Hopefully this will be the new format from now on in the CL until the knockout stages, when sadly we will go back to the usual pundits who have attached City, us, empty seats and the atmosphere in the Etihad.

A big thank you should also go to the club for putting pressure on BT over their coverage and biased against City in the past. Well done all.

Agreed.

BT finally gave us and City a proper CL show last night. Richard and Julian were a bit wooden as pundits, but were very positive about City. TBF you wouldn't expect anything less seeing as they were both ex-City players. Thought Keown was also good. All in all BT did a good job last night, which went some way to making up for the disgraceful way they've treated us and City previously in the CL. Hopefully this will be the new format from now on in the CL until the knockout stages, when sadly we will go back to the usual pundits who have attached City, us, empty seats and the atmosphere in the Etihad.

A big thank you should also go to the club for putting pressure on BT over their coverage and biased against City in the past. Well done all.

Very impressed with BT as well.

Granted, Joleon and Dunny were a bit stage-struck and cliched, but they were pundits who we could relate to and (to an extent) even accept criticism from. Although there would be none last night. There was in-depth post match analysis and interviews. Couldn't ask for anything more.

I said on Twitter, all we wanted was a fair crack of the whip and equality with the others and on the basis of last night's show, they did that.

Long may it continue (like our run in the competition hopefully)

% Live this morning - big features on Spurs & Liverpool games, with interviews with Darren Anderton and a former Liverpool player in the main part of the programme. Then, right at the end of the half-hourly sports bulletin we get a mention in the same sentence as Real Madrid. It was literally "Manchester City, who scored 5 against Liverpool on Saturday scored four last night with John Stones getting two, as did Ronaldo in Real Madrid's 3-0 win."

Very impressed with BT as well.

Granted, Joleon and Dunny were a bit stage-struck and cliched, but they were pundits who we could relate to and (to an extent) even accept criticism from. Although there would be none last night. There was in-depth post match analysis and interviews. Couldn't ask for anything more.

I said on Twitter, all we wanted was a fair crack of the whip and equality with the others and on the basis of last night's show, they did that.

Long may it continue (like our run in the competition hopefully)

I thought the coverage was decent. Although it seemed that BT decided that Feynoord v City was the 3rd choice fixture, only to be watched by ardent City fans. Hence there was no point antagonising us. I expect that they'll continue to give greater prominence to the Liverpool and Spurs games (clearly Liverpool v Maribor is a much bigger fixture than Napoli v City) throughout the group stages. I'm actually hoping that we progress serenely through the group stages with very little media coverage.

At some point in the tournament I expect that the City fixture will undoubtedly be the stand out match and BT will feel obliged to treat it as the big game, honouring us with the presence of Ferdinand, Owen etc. That will be the acid test as to how the coverage compares to the last two seasons.

Last edited:
Just on Sky Sports Football page... These are all the stories i can click before i'm informed City played last night in a little text link way down...

Bless them...

'Kane similar to Raul'

Kane helps Spurs end Wembley woe

Spurs 3-1 Dortmund recap

Heaton undergoes surgery

Pope ready to replace Heaton

Dyche: Heaton facing months out

Rooney's best Old Trafford moments

Jose slams 'Playstation' United

Rashford: Pogba will be missed

Arsenal's back-three myth

Lukaku outscores Everton

Killer chances elude Liverpool

Experience Ultra HD with SkyQ

EDIT: It's been pushed even further down now, couple more United filler stories crowbarred in...

Last edited:
guess BT have realised that their subscriber Base isn't large enough to replace several hundred thousand City fans with armchair rags and dippers, and have adjusted their coverage accordingly for now

Just on Sky Sports Football page... These are all the stories i can click before i'm informed City played last night in a little text link way down...

Bless them...

'Kane similar to Raul'

Spurs 3-1 Dortmund recap

Heaton undergoes surgery

Pope ready to replace Heaton

Dyche: Heaton facing months out

Rooney's best Old Trafford moments

Jose slams 'Playstation' United

Rashford: Pogba will be missed

Arsenal's back-three myth

Lukaku outscores Everton

Killer chances elude Liverpool

Experience Ultra HD with SkyQ

EDIT: It's been pushed even further down now, couple more United filler stories crowbarred in...

Surely this is the result of click bait, no-one actually demotes a story it is HTML. We know that we do not have the indian click traffic, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.