Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
i caught some of the Liverpool game the other night,it seems the media want to superhype players so there is a superstar talent coming through,the commentary team were wanking themselves silly over woodburn?? /,I've never seen him play so cant comment, but they seemed desperate to big him up ,same as rashford ,he actually looks a very good player in the making ,but I think all the hype will do for him ,it usually does.

Good point, they need homegrown stars in the making to assist in their quest for new angles to boost their circulation or viewing stats.

I am surprised that BT and Sky are not developing some sort of TV cartel to try to exclude Amazon from the next round of PL bidding.
Perhaps the PL will not apply their version of FFP to the bidding process, I wonder why ?

Surely FFP was designed as a barrier to entry to prevent new money coming into individual clubs so it must be fair that current money that comes into PL coffers via Sky and BT should be protected from others who can interfere with their cosy arrangement.

To be clear, I am a fully fledged member of the Agenda association.

BBC Headline. Chelsea and Man City are being investigated by FIFA.

Read the story and have the smallest of understanding of the situation and you'll find that the BBC asked FIFA ,whilst calling them in regard to the latest Chelsea investigation, if they were investigating Man City also.
FIFA replied..."there is an ongoing investigation into Man City".
This is the ongoing situation from Benjamin Garres transfer which happened months and months ago.

Regardless of the truth, the headline states that FIFA are investigating City.

It's just WRONG.

But, the average knuckle dragging non city fan now believe we are being investigated. Job done.

Annoys the shit out of me that they sensationalise Headlines to paint us in a bad light without recourse.

Wankers.

To be clear, I am a fully fledged member of the Agenda association.

BBC Headline. Chelsea and Man City are being investigated by FIFA.

Read the story and have the smallest of understanding of the situation and you'll find that the BBC asked FIFA ,whilst calling them in regard to the latest Chelsea investigation, if they were investigating Man City also.
FIFA replied..."there is an ongoing investigation into Man City".
This is the ongoing situation from Benjamin Garres transfer which happened months and months ago.

Regardless of the truth, the headline states that FIFA are investigating City.

It's just WRONG.

But, the average knuckle dragging non city fan now believe we are being investigated. Job done.

Annoys the shit out of me that they sensationalise Headlines to paint us in a bad light without recourse.

Wankers.

Unfortunately the media has always dealt in truths half truths and lies.
The problem for their readership is to differentiate between them but how do you deal with a sector of business that is proud of its claim to ´´never let the truth get in the way of a good story´´.

In this case they are probably reporting that King George is still dead.

Rags vs Burton Albion - did anyone see a comparison of the cost of the starting xi?

Thought not

On another note, there's another broadly positive article on the BBC website today about why City have linked up with Girona

That's two good BBC City articles in a week!!! Times have changed

Rags vs Burton Albion - did anyone see a comparison of the cost of the starting xi?

Thought not

Oddly, I saw something comparable. As the piece was about the rags match I wasn't paying much attention but I think they compared the price of Pogba to Burton's record signing and I think he cost 80 times as much.

Not the same, I know, but a step in the right direction I would suggest.

BBC Headline on Sports Page "Pep Guardiola: Manchester City boss says Carabao Cup is a 'waste of energy"

Complete fucking misquote from what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.