Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed that Jonathan Liew article in The Independent, he's one of the best sports writers out there at the moment.

Nice to see Henry Winter also eulogising about us in The Times today:
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...m?shareToken=d72a718f9a124cd857725497a95adab3

This bit is so true. "Rather than complaining about the sums that Guardiola invests, his critics should ponder how much the players’ prices have risen through proximity to one of the most remarkable, inspiring coaches of the past two decades. Even without the inflationary Neymarnomics, most of Guardiola’s purchases would cost more now because he makes good players better." All the players have seen a real uplift in value. The absurdity of the Arsenal attempt to get Sterling was the cut price valuation more than anything.

Incidentally, I remember that Liverpool destruction of Nottingham Forest in the late eighties. It was highlights only in those days, but I can well recall at the time being astounded at the football they played that night - I'd never seen anything like it before from an English team.

That is a very good article, full of praise for pep and his team. However he is right in that it doesn't matter, how well we play, if we don't win any trophies there is no point in playing fat free flowing football.

Brilliant little article on Blue Watch.

Compare the press and headlines about City V Napoli in the English and Italian press. Let me give you a clue

Manchester City vs. Napoli doesn’t have even have a small box of coverage on today’s back pages of the Daily Telegraph, Guardian, Times, Mirror, Express, Daily Star or The Sun. The only Champions League coverage in the English newspapers is reserved for Harry Kane ahead of Tottenham’s trip to Real Madrid tonight…

CAM_prima_pagina_m.jpg

Naples-based Il Mattino, meanwhile, says “The most beautiful football in Europe will light up Manchester tonight”.

https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/10/1...rate-beautiful-manchester-city-vs-napoli-tie/

The article in the Independent is good, but why oh why do we have to have a bit about the rags in it ???

It seems it is mandatory for ANY media piece to get them name checked no matter what the subject mr. tyler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.