Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the BBC match report of England U-17's win over japan in the World Cup.:

England beat Japan 5-4 on penalties to reach the quarter-finals of the Under-17 World Cup in India.

The game was goalless after 90 minutes but England kept their heads in the shootout, with goalkeeper Curtis Anderson saving Japan's penultimate spot-kick before scoring his own.

Crystal Palace's 17-year-old midfielder Nya Kirby then netted the decisive spot-kick to send England through.

Steve Cooper's side now face the United States in Goa on Saturday.

England, who were without midfielder Jadon Sancho who returned to Borussia Dortmund when the German club called him back after the group stages, played in front of 53,000 people in Kolkata on Tuesday.

Sancho scored three times as England advanced to the knockout stage with a 100% record.

Three players are singled out for mention by name in this report. For two of them the club they play for is specifically identified: the third is not. See if you can guess (a) who the third one plays for and (b) why his team is not mentioned.

Here is the BBC match report of England U-17's win over japan in the World Cup.:

Three players are singled out for mention by name in this report. For two of them the club they play for is specifically identified: the third is not. See if you can guess (a) who the third one plays for and (b) why his team is not mentioned.

I wouldn't get too upset, City's own website doesn't even know what he looks like.............

https://www.mancity.com/teams/academy

;0)

I hate the BBC. But is there anything in that report whats biased?

The goalie got mentioned as he saved a penalty and scored one. The winning penalty taker got some credit. And they namechecked Sancho as he didn't play.

I hate the BBC. But is there anything in that report whats biased?

The goalie got mentioned as he saved a penalty and scored one. The winning penalty taker got some credit. And they namechecked Sancho as he didn't play.
It's not the fact that he was name checked, its the fact that the club he plays for wasn't - in contrast to the parent clubs of the other two players who were name checked. There was a conscious decision not to name the club the goalkeeper (whose save contributed hugely to winning the penalty shoot-out) plays for. You don't need to be a genius to work out why.

If you disagree, find me a report of any England game at any level at any point in the last 10 years in which a Manchester United player is singled out for special mention for a positive contribution but Manchester United is not directly named as the club he plays for.

It's not the fact that he was name checked, its the fact that the club he plays for wasn't - in contrast to the parent clubs of the other two players who were name checked. There was a conscious decision not to name the club the goalkeeper (whose save contributed hugely to winning the penalty shoot-out) plays for. You don't need to be a genius to work out why.

If you disagree, find me a report of any England game at any level at any point in the last 10 years in which a Manchester United player is singled out for special mention for a positive contribution but Manchester United is not directly named as the club he plays for.

The BBC are simply a fucking national disgrace, due to their total displays of partiality / bias and it is no coincidence that they align themselves with those clubs with biggest sets of cnuts as " supporters " in the PL - ie the Rags and Dippers, but to be honest I cannot be arsed getting upset anymore.

If I was able, I would simply cancel my TV Licence in the same way as I refuse to support SKY , BT etc .

Pressed the red button on BBC this morning to read what they thought about our game last night. Nothing. No mention at all. It's like the match hadn't taken place.

Pressed the red button on BBC this morning to read what they thought about our game last night. Nothing. No mention at all. It's like the match hadn't taken place.

It didnt, The Harry Kane Team played as did Those Famous Anfield Nights, I think we play tomorrow.

To be fair lads - being impartial (i can hear the fck you's lol) - and i mean no offence - just stating what i have witnessed.

Man city and Totenham are getting huge credit over the other teams from neutrals like me. Both for playing great footie. City for playing WC footie. also pep is aiding 4 england internationals (shame about you selling sancho though (he will be a great player if nothing goes wrong for him- and dortmund are playing silly buggers with him - re under 17's world cup)

Tottenham are playing inspiring football -not on your level- Kane is really sparking the imagination of england fans and non arsenal/chelsea/west ham fans!

Alli despite a few issues is a top talent. Rose, Dier- youth players like edwards if he can bulk up quick is the closest thing to messi i have ever seen.

Poch has brought through winks just recently- who has now looked completely unfazed at PL level , england level and CL v RM!! level!

As an england fan - we almost have a complete starting 11 from man city and tottenham - and both are playing nice footie.

Ok i get it - you want recognition. everything is about kane and man united (maybe i dunno) etc - but in this case it was more about drawing against Rm in spain!! that as you know is a massive achievement,

However you are winning - You are the best team. Fans sometimes see the negatives in everything - once you get on that mind set you miss other omissions and only see ones that relate to you.

"There was a conscious decision not to name the club the goalkeeper (whose save contributed hugely to winning the penalty shoot-out) plays for. You don't need to be a genius to work out why."

sounds a bit paranoid mate - no disrespect at all- who's to say you are not right, but i see no bias- but I am not looking for it. I saw the under 17 game though the goalie was awesome - saved a goal and smashed the next in!!! takes balls.

I am mildly pleased about Kirby scoring the last - i dont care if palace was mentioned or not though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.