Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lavish feature on Kevin - 'The Magic Man' - in The Times this morning by Oliver Kay - front and inside two pages.
Not sure why, but it makes me feel slightly uncomfortable, almost like I've had too much sun.

They've gone into ramp mode for DeBruyne, just so they can call us "The DeBruyne" team when he has an off day and we don't manage to win.

They've gone into ramp mode for DeBruyne, just so they can call us "The DeBruyne" team when he has an off day and we don't manage to win.

Superb. As were receiving very little negative press of late were now using positive articles which praise City as proof of an agenda. You boys have certainly covered all your bases.

Superb. As were receiving very little negative press of late were now using positive articles which praise City as proof of an agenda. You boys have certainly covered all your bases.

Tend to agree with you on this one FS, we are becoming cynical about any article irrespective of its original intention.

Certainly doing a feature on any world class player is usually done with care and with a return on the cost in mind. I can understand throwaway lines or headlines being loaded towards commercial bias but surely not full articles ?

I feel sorry for KDB if we cast doubt into the reasons for what should be a compliment to his standing in world football.

I thought Brendan's post was sarcastic, no?

Just to clarify my attitude to the KDB article: I'm more than pleased to see it. The more the merrier. Being a City fan, living as we usually do on the thin gruel of media praise, the full-on positivity is slightly unusual, especially as it extends to two pages in this morning's edition.
The depth of appreciation of his attributes, including graphics of 'his amazing involvement in City goals' - 22 of 34 according to the article - is due recognition.
I, for one, could get used to it.

Another interview with Harry Kane on Football Focus today, how many more times are they going to ask him if he can break Shearer's record.

Another interview with Harry Kane on Football Focus today, how many more times are they going to ask him if he can break Shearer's record.

Its a very similar situation to KDB though - you can look at it one way 'recognition' or the negative 'one man team' (not inferring Peps involved so please don't post a pic of Simon Jordon!!)- 'disrespectful to the other team players and manager' - 'conspiracy from the media or teams that want his head turned' or from the media influenced by the FA to drill it into kanes head to remain in the PL!

BUt in truth its click bait/viewership ratings stuff. the circle of what people want to hear/read so th emedia says 'we only give the population what they want' , in truth its a bit of that but also the media brainwashing the public into wanting to hear it as well.

Either Way - Its cringe bearing to me, watching the players squirm at the repeated questions over and over and them repeating there media trained mantra again and again.

I thought Brendan's post was sarcastic, no?

Mate you have been around this thread long enough to know slights are seen everywhere and even the most minisule of statements.

We have people suggesting our lack of tv exposure is due to bias and yet on the november/december tv fixtures people are moaning that moving our matches for tv is bias also.

Last edited:
We really do have the weirdest fanbase. We are pretty much headlining MOTD every week and I am pretty sure Brighton, Bournemouth, Everton, Pool, Chelsea were all televised live which is 5 out of the 8 Premiership matches so far and yet there are suggestions our swashbuckling football is purposely being hidden from the tv screens.
Mine was a question to prompt discussion, not an assertion, but ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.