Media Thread 2017/18

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by mat, 14 Jul 2017.

1. cookster

cookster

So when Wio and the Ginger Pig are taking the piss out of City for the lack of atmosphere and empty seats, whilst working for BT on our CL leagues, it's not conscious intent?

2. franksinatra

franksinatra

Well then there is bias against every club. Listen to Mike Wedderburns comments on United. Bias against them also?

3. franksinatra

franksinatra

Read BBC last night about the West Ham game and the empty seats lack of atmosphere. We are not unique in that respect.

4. Palace glad all over

Palace glad all over

cool

5. Palace glad all over

Palace glad all over

Scholes is so boring in his mannerisms i just switch of mentally. So i cannot really comment. You may be right. I think Rio is just not self aware enough to be honest. But the networks employ these people , and they are self aware enough. So your point is valid. However I see it as keeping pundits due to money/viewer ratings over a media conspiracy against City.. what ever the opinions made.

6. cookster

cookster

Frank are you familiar with the word contrarian? Let's just leave there.

7. Henkeman

Henkeman

If you were to imagine all Palace games covered by ex Brighton pundits, you might get a feel for the degree of annoyance it causes. Personally, I don't go with the conspiracy thing, but it is infuriating.

8. franksinatra

franksinatra

Yes I am but outside the blue tinted nature of this forum most people would probably not see this bias. So does that mean your a contrarian?

9. Palace glad all over

Palace glad all over

Maybe. I am an England fan so the BS bigging up and knocking down by the media infuriates me. But it gets clicks, ratings and money..

10. franksinatra

franksinatra

Exactly. There is no doubt clowns like Rio who arguably have a prejudice against us defined bu their own experience e.g a rival and hated by our fanbase and I do feel that frustration myself but there also individuals like Keane etc who just speak from the hip and can be equally critical of United.

The irony of course is everyone loves Trevor Sinclair on this forum but he is equally biased being an ex player and boyhood blue in our favour but everyone is fine with that.