Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. Why should it be reported in such a way?

Your ex wife goes on to murder someone is it ok for the press to constantly link you to the woman and her crime or do you say fuck off, what relevance does her past have with me?
I understand your thinking and that is exactly as it should be but if that had been an ex City player, you could bet your house it would have been reported as " player xyz who played x number of games for City" rather than described by his current club.

Your ex wife goes on to murder someone is it ok for the press to constantly link you to the woman and her crime or do you say fuck off, what relevance does her past have with me?

There were an awful lot of headlines about Rooney when he got caught drink driving with someone who wasn't Coleen and very very few of them mentioned that he was the former Manchester United player. I think the point is that where there is an element of guilt by association certain sections of the media are keen to play up connections with Manchester City whereas they are a lot slower to play up comparable connections with Manchester United.

I think it is a point that is well made.

Last edited:
City was the only British team he played for. It's a British news site. Big deal.

Because if I was famous in this country and people weren’t sure who my ex wife was they would be more aware of her by association with me.

If she had then married some yank celebrity who few in this country had heard of I would fullly understand them referring to me rather than him.

We get the same posts every time we have an Adam Johnson situation or something like this. Most people who know foootball would associate Robinho him with city.

I genuinely don’t get the argument.

Well he is? I never understand people kicking off about this. He didn’t play for anyone else in this country and it should be reported as that by a newspaper in this country.

I'm more arsed they think he was a winger rather than a striker

Who else in Britain did Evra play for?
You construct a theory of media persecution from two random articles, and expect people to take that seriously? Who gives a shit? Reflect on the fact that he sexually assaulted a young woman and get some perspective.

No idea how to upload pics but check the mini league table on lawros predictions on bbc sport, for 9 against 8 for us, very poor from the bbc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.