Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t agree. Two things are going on here. First, the usual click bait avenues are doing what they do best, pandering to their target audience. People are talking about the fight in the tunnel because that audience just doesn’t want to hear about the way the rags got humiliated on their own patch.

The second thing that’s going on is that serious football writers - and the overwhelming majority of people who played the game - are talking about the lessons to be learned from that one game. This is where you will hear words and phrases like ‘another level’, like ‘humiliation’ and like ‘blown away’. Read Martin Samuel’s piece. Watch the football writers podcast on BT.

The other thing is that if you look at some overseas media there is only one topic of conversation: one of the great managers leading one of the great teams just got shat on from a very great height.

Plenty of people are talking about the way the rags got owned in their own backyard.
That'll do for me.

I didn't realise Jim fekkin Rosenthal was a rag.

I was flicking thru the channels after the game Sunday and ragtv was on, they must have had a free weekend for the derby (trying to get new subscribers). He was on the after game review, we this, we that.

Used to like him, he can fk off now.

I didn't realise Jim fekkin Rosenthal was a rag.

I was flicking thru the channels after the game Sunday and ragtv was on, they must have had a free weekend for the derby (trying to get new subscribers). He was on the after game review, we this, we that.

Used to like him, he can fk off now.
Supports Oxford I think. I suspect ragtv is just a job for Jim.

Aye, people are seemingly quick to praise "mind games" and diversionary tactics as clever, but never bother mentioning whether or not it actually helped the team. How clever are his "mind games" from before the derby now?

I wonder did the pressure he tried to exert on Oliver contribute to the decision to book Herrera for diving. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did.

Mourinho has played a blinder again, knew he was going to be slaughtered in the media and City lauded for breaking the record so how can he derail it, let's have a bust up and grab headlines until the next game.
Hearing the words classless city and haven't won nothing yet makes my blood boil but you got to admit he has made mugs out of the so called hacks, shame on them for buying into it and some past players now pundits going with it.
When Mourinho writes his book there will be a chapter dedicated to how he was on the ropes but conned his way out it by starting milkgate..
Pep is clever enough to use this to inspire this team to the point where the sacking of Mourinho is the only outcome
The last person who said we had no class was Moyes. It didn't end well for him!

Aye, people are seemingly quick to praise "mind games" and diversionary tactics as clever, but never bother mentioning whether or not it actually helped the team. How clever are his "mind games" from before the derby now?
This is spot-on. I think Maureen damaged his own team's confidence before the match with his antics. The absurd claim that our players cheated by diving and making tactical fouls backfired because Oliver was strong enough to make sure he didn't favour the home team. I think a lot of referees are determined not to bow down to Maureen these days. His team played with fear because he made them play negatively. He is destroying United from inside. It's time for Save Our Peg.

The last person who said we had no class was Moyes. It didn't end well for him!

They are all indoctrinated into the myth of United entitlement so tend to be guilty of believing in history whilst ignoring anything that threatens their right to supremecy.

It will be interesting to see how the powers that be who are infiltrated with United sponsored members deal with truth that they feared may happen when they tried to prevent our owners purchase of City.
Just proves they were correct to be afraid of the future that City now bring to their right to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.