Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver Holt in the Daily Mail is really hurting

Tells us how much he likes Kyle Walker and City as a club but then goes on to say that the £54m (not the £45m that we actually paid) shows that the Premier League has lost its mind

That wasn't the line when Ferdinand was bought for £35m not when Pogba was bought for £89m nor even 2 weeks ago when United paid £75m for Lukaku

No the Premier league lost its mind when we purchased the England right back from a Premier league rival a position that we had to fill and a player who helps our home grown quota..........of course there is no agenda is there Frank. Of course there is we do not yet appeal to the masses therefore the media denigrate us to appeal the fans of the usual clubs to reinforce the "oil money" "buying the league" barbs from other fans

Do I mind yes why because I am a fair person who treats people fairly and I am disappointed that the club I love is not treated equally fairly. Does the club mind no why because they know that the written media is losing its relevancy as social media takes over. Sky are having to pay fortunes to keep hold of the football because it is the only thing that they have got if they were to lose the football rights Sky is finished

Last edited:
A complete double page spread in the Times this morning on the squad of 92 visiting the United scout that brought them to the club. Whilst I have sympathy for the guy as he is suffering from dementia 2 full pages devoted to a visit from grateful ex footballers is OTT. OK he found the 5 or 6 great players from that era but what else? Many like Scholes didn't take a lot of scouting!

Uniteds PR team at its best, they leave us standing for spout self-promoting bollocks, from the bollocks that is the "United way" to 657,000,000 fans crap

Oliver Holt in the Daily Mail is really hurting

Tells us how much he likes Kyle Walker and City as a club but then goes on to say that the £54m (not the £45m that we actually paid) shows that the Premier League has lost its mind

That wasn't the line when Ferdinand was bought for £35m not when Pogba was bought for £89m nor even 2 weeks ago when United paid £75m for Lukaku

No the Premier league lost its mind when we purchased the England right back from a Premier league rival a position that we had to fill and a player who helps our home grown quota..........of course there is no agenda is there Frank. Of course there is we do not yet appeal to the masses therefore the media denigrate us to appeal the fans of the usual clubs to reinforce the "oil money" "buying the league" barbs from other fans

Do I mind yes why because I am a fair person who treats people fairly and I am disappointed that the club I love is not treated equally fairly. Does the club mind no why because they know that the written media is losing its relevancy as social media takes over. Sky are having to pay fortunes to keep hold of the football because it is the only thing that they have got if they were to lose the football rights Sky is finished
As usual City fucking football up for everyone. Just read the 'article' , apparently Holt was a Stockport fan that became a rag....the irony

The main annoying point for me is that Im sick and tired of having to correct fans of other clubs whenever they write BS about us

yeah, ferdinand decades ago for 35m was not madness, or raiola selling them pogba and lukaku for 175m, but Walker for 54 is the proof.

But the bigger idiots than media are those city fans that don't believe there is an agenda. Anyone who doesn't see the level of pressure and character assassination aimed at both the club and mostly home grown players we buy from other PL clubs is brain dead.

As Bill says we're regarded as JCL's when historically that's incorrect. It's the only narrative the media have that comforts them. The prevailing evidence is Man City are the team with the best prospects and the previous incumbent's of the old big four are stung and hurt. They continue to besmirch our forthcoming success but it's happy days for Man City and Man City fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.