Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question, what am I missing that you all seem to want for City? Surely everyone would love to see us fauned over and win everything consistently while utd languish in debt and dissaray in about 17th place?

Your last few posts have been well weird. First I don't want City to be fauned over - very raggy that but your comment 'while utd languish in debt and disarray' is the opposite of what would happen if City followed your player signing philosoph. You want us to go toe to toe with every club for every available 'star' and pay whatever it takes to get him, that is a sure fire way to end in debt and disarray.

Jesus Christ - you sound like Kim Jong Un. We've been the benefactor of some amazing press this season. I mainly only read the Guardian/Independent but the number of positive articles I've read is far greater than any other team. We've probably had more fawning this season than most teams combined. You sound like you want some totalitarian propaganda machine spewing up accolades every day!

The most recent example is Sanchez. Sanchez joined United for the money and this has been widely reported, with some papers calling him a mercenary and that City were the moral/ethical choice. Could you have imagined that during the Mancini and Hughes era? No, you couldn't.

We're playing some of the best football the league has ever seen. The vast majority of journos recognise that and have been writing about it non-stop.
You are half right as we should have plaudits. All this bullshit that we are getting good reviews annoys me as it should be the norm from the media, if you perform well so you should get credit. Fuck me the rags get credit for shit all, as do the others. I know peg has had his fair share of criticism but there are still loads that pamper to his every breath. When its equal then i will be happy.

Sky had Danny Fucking Higginbottom on for about 20 minutes tactically going through how he thinks Sanchez will improve Uniteds attack. They really are desperate.

How about spending 20 minutes on how he tactically ruined Arsenal's this season Danny?

Sky had Danny Fucking Higginbottom on for about 20 minutes tactically going through how he thinks Sanchez will improve Uniteds attack. They really are desperate.

How about spending 20 minutes on how he tactically ruined Arsenal's this season Danny?
Would you be saying that if he'd signed for City? Of course you wouldn't.

I still can't see anything positive from the Sanchez debacle. We looked like we got him, now he's with the last team in the world we would ever want to have bragging rights over us or to improve their team, and whether the bullshit in the media is true or not we will now see bollocks about him snubbing us, not being able to afford top players and/or being less attractive than the fucking vermin in Trafford.

It also sends a message to top players and their agents that if they want top money they don't come to us. Like it or not money is how you get the very best players, and everytime one goes to those bastards instead of us it's fucking galling.

In my opinion, one that it seems most on here don't share, until we start showing the nous to understand that image and commercial pull are important then we'll struggle to overturn that extra £100m turnover or however much it is that those cünts have on us. We really should be doing everything we can to crush them while we have the advantage of a better team, manager and strong finances, before UEFA concoct some other dubious financial shit to keep the rags and the Spanish giants, etc at the top.

We should, in my humble opinion, be doing it like PSG do. I see no sanctions on them. And a star signing will send such a message to the rag bastards as well as pretenders like Liverpool that they cannot touch us. In my opinion we should have paid whatever it took for Sanchez, and if KDB and co wanted the same then give it them too. We must surely be able to afford it.

In my opinion the message that emerges is that we will pay top dollar for a player that’s worth it

If you listen to the Bluemoon podcast, it's explained by a proper journo that if City require a player for a position (so in the summer that was left and right backs) we will go out and pay the money.
If the player wavers and isn't fully committed to coming to City, we will walk away
Sanchez was committed to coming to us last summer. As soon as utd offered him and his agent silly money, his agent tried negotiating with City. As soon as this happened we walked away as he wasn't totally committed to us

Would you be saying that if he'd signed for City? Of course you wouldn't.

The likelihood is that Sky wouldn't dedicate 20 minutes to how Sanchez would improve City's attack. That's the issue.

And before you start throwing insults around such as people wearing tinfoil on their heads let me point out that I know its not an anti City agenda, it's just business, pandering to their customer base.

You are half right as we should have plaudits. All this bullshit that we are getting good reviews annoys me as it should be the norm from the media, if you perform well so you should get credit. Fuck me the rags get credit for shit all, as do the others. I know peg has had his fair share of criticism but there are still loads that pamper to his every breath. When its equal then i will be happy.
Duncan Castle's weird Mou fetish aside, I can't think of any journos who have criticised us unfairly this season. There have been games where we've not been as good as others and you can make that distinction because our level has been so high this season. As a journo you'd want to try write something insightful and suggestive of change rather than a copy and paste match report saying we've won again for the 18th time in a row. Each game is different as is each performance.

I bet you at the Sports writers awards or whatever they're called Pep will win manager of the year and KDB will win player of the year. If there's a young player of the year Sane will probably win that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.