Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you be saying that if he'd signed for City? Of course you wouldn't.

I'm not a media conspiracy type, but I'd image the Sky narrative would be slightly different.
Mainly along the lines of who he replaces, how will his wages effect moral. Is it good for the young players and not least more nonsense about Aguero.

I agree, some of the better journalists have highlighted the negatives. But Sky have been in hyper mode for 20hrs now.

Here is a question. Would it be as bad if the journos were open with who they supported.

Ie. Journo 1

Im a city so obviously have some bias, but watching city this year ls the best football ever etc

Journo 2.

Sanchez made the right decision. Obviously as a utd fan i will think that, but here are some reasons why i think that.

Etc etc

I think the same with politics. A little twitter style tick in the colour of the party or team badge

So whatever it was that influenced these two independent bodies to vote on only two occasions for anybody other than the title winning manager (both times coming in years City won the league) it wasn't the media - is that what you are saying?

Not true. Ancelotti didn't win either.

Jesus Christ - you sound like Kim Jong Un. We've been the benefactor of some amazing press this season. I mainly only read the Guardian/Independent but the number of positive articles I've read is far greater than any other team. We've probably had more fawning this season than most teams combined. You sound like you want some totalitarian propaganda machine spewing up accolades every day!

The most recent example is Sanchez. Sanchez joined United for the money and this has been widely reported, with some papers calling him a mercenary and that City were the moral/ethical choice. Could you have imagined that during the Mancini and Hughes era? No, you couldn't.

We're playing some of the best football the league has ever seen. The vast majority of journos recognise that and have been writing about it non-stop.
Thanks Alex.

Not true. Ancelotti didn't win either.

Incorrect, he won one version of the award, though I grant you not both.

But even taking your point for what it's worth, there have been three occasions since 2000 when LMA award has been won by a manager other than the one who just won the league, and on two of those occasions it was a City manager - the first time it being our first title in 44 years, the second time it being part of a double winning season by a manager in his first season in England.

Do you seriously suggest that adverse media coverage of City in the relevant seasons had no effect whatsoever on those outcomes?

Incorrect, he won one version of the award, though I grant you not both.

But even taking your point for what it's worth, there have been three occasions since 2000 when LMA award has been won by a manager other than the one who just won the league, and on two of those occasions it was a City manager - the first time it being our first title in 44 years, the second time it being part of a double winning season by a manager in his first season in England.

Do you seriously suggest that adverse media coverage of City in the relevant seasons had no effect whatsoever on those outcomes?

Not forgetting that the following season Mourinho, on his return to Chelsea, won the award for winning the same two trophies as Pellegrini. No thought of giving it to Nigel Pearson for lifting Leicester from rock bottom to comfortable safety that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.