Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not forgetting that the following season Mourinho, on his return to Chelsea, won the award for winning the same two trophies as Pellegrini. No thought of giving it to Nigel Pearson for lifting Leicester from rock bottom to comfortable safety that season.
If Pearson conducted himself in a professional manner he may have been shortlisted, but being the **** he is, it’s no surprise he was overlooked tbh.
He’s at his level now in Belgium’s 2nd division, best place for the vile ****!

Yep you're right. The LMA award hasn't always gone to the manager won the league but the Premier League award has,except when it's been City managers.
Not saying Mancini or Pellegrini didn't deserve it when we won the league, but if the award automatically goes to the manager whose team wins the league then it's all a bit pointless. The biggest problem with the awards is that they vote before the season finishes. In both years we won the league, I'd imagine we weren't looking like we were going to win it, hence the decision to give it to Rogers in 2014 and Pardew getting it in 2012 (when he took Newcastle to 5th). Most other years the league has been a cake walk for the eventual champions. The only years in recent memory when there has been a title race has been when City won it.

Unless Dyche gets Burnley to finish in the top 4 there's zero chance of Pep not winning it in my opinion. They'll obviously be the odd person who makes a case for Dyche, but most will go with Pep.

The likelihood is that Sky wouldn't dedicate 20 minutes to how Sanchez would improve City's attack. That's the issue.

And before you start throwing insults around such as people wearing tinfoil on their heads let me point out that I know its not an anti City agenda, it's just business, pandering to their customer base.
anti city furnishes its customer base.

Not saying Mancini or Pellegrini didn't deserve it when we won the league, but if the award automatically goes to the manager whose team wins the league then it's all a bit pointless. The biggest problem with the awards is that they do it before the season finishes. In both years we won the league, I'd imagine we weren't looking like we were going to win it, hence the decision to give it to Rogers in 2014 and Pardew getting it in 2012 (when he took Newcastle to 5th). Most other years the league has been a cake walk for the eventual champions. The only years in recent memory when there has been a title race has been when City won it.

Unless Dyche gets Burnley to finish in the top 4 there's zero chance of Pep not winning it in my opinion. They'll obviously be the odd person who makes a case for Dyche, but most will go with Pep.

OK mate, if you insist.

But of course we wouldn't have got Higginbottam or anyone else on $ky saying how he would improve our attack. It would have been a mere mention and then a 20 minute piece on how Pogba is back to his best ready for next season.
You could see that as a compliment. Our attack is extremely good and we score bucket loads of goals. United don't and they need Sanchez more than we do. Maybe if Sanchez joined we'd have slapped Newcastle for 4-5 rather than 3 and that's not massively interesting. They often struggle to break teams down.

Anyway, I can't fathom how far down my list of interests knowing what Higginbottom's opinion is on anything.

If Pearson conducted himself in a professional manner he may have been shortlisted, but being the **** he is, it’s no surprise he was overlooked tbh.
He’s at his level now in Belgium’s 2nd division, best place for the vile ****!

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment to illustrate the raw deal Pellegrini got for the same achievement in his first season in English football as Mourinho managed in his fifth. On the subject of unprofessional conduct, Pardew called Pellegrini "a fucking old c*nt" to his face during the season and that didn't stop him getting the award.

It was a slightly tongue in cheek comment to illustrate the raw deal Pellegrini got for the same achievement in his first season in English football as Mourinho managed in his fifth. On the subject of unprofessional conduct, Pardew called Pellegrini "a fucking old c*nt" to his face during the season and that didn't stop him getting the award.
Nope. Pardew won it in 2012. Pardew is a massive c*nt I'll give you that though.

Nah you're right pal. All the journos and managers clubbed together via a secret whatsapp group and collectively agreed to ignore City's achivements... running low on my Brian Force tabs. Sorry.

And there you go again, akin to your offensive tinfoil comment. You're not worth arguing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.