Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whatever it was that influenced these two independent bodies to vote on only two occasions for anybody other than the title winning manager (both times coming in years City won the league) it wasn't the media - is that what you are saying?
The LMA one has only been won by 5 managers who had won the top division, so that probably has nothing to do with the media.

Went into the local shop before 10 am this morning for a paper. They had sold out.The man said it was the first time in years this had happened and that people who normally buy one paper were buying several. He wondered why.

I think we can have a good guess.

And there you go again, akin to your offensive tinfoil comment. You're not worth arguing with.
OK, apologies. Just interested to hear your theory why you think only city get overlooked. You stated LMA award goes to the winning manager every time expect when city win the league. Since 2008, the manager who won the league has won the award 5 times (Fergie x 3, Conte and Ranieri). Going back to 2007 Howe, Rogers, Moyes, Hodgson and Coppell have all won. Mourinho, Benetiz and Ancelotti have not won this award. Ever.

My point is that there this thread often seems fueled by this hysteria of city v world based on inaccurate information or twisted interpretations of things. 90% of the posts lack any nuance whatsoever which in turn increases a lot of posters' paranoia. This isn't aimed at you per se, but I just thought I'd flag it as an example. There's a lot of great journalism out there writing platitudes for City every week. There are also some shit house broadcasters/newspapers whose modus operandi is either to wind people up (Talksport/Sun) or appeal to such a low common denominator that it's not worth reading.

OK, apologies. Just interested to hear your theory why you think only city get overlooked. You stated LMA award goes to the winning manager every time expect when city win the league. Since 2008, the manager who won the league has won the award 5 times (Fergie x 3, Conte and Ranieri). Going back to 2007 Howe, Rogers, Moyes, Hodgson and Coppell have all won. Mourinho, Benetiz and Ancelotti have not won this award. Ever.

My point is that there this thread often seems fueled by this hysteria of city v world based on inaccurate information or twisted interpretations of things. 90% of the posts lack any nuance whatsoever which in turn increases a lot of posters' paranoia. This isn't aimed at you per se, but I just thought I'd flag it as an example. There's a lot of great journalism out there writing platitudes for City every week. There are also some shit house broadcasters/newspapers whose modus operandi is either to wind people up (Talksport/Sun) or appeal to such a low common denominator that it's not worth reading.

I didn't state that, I agreed that you were right about the LMA award but that it was the Premier League award that consistently goes to the winner of the league.

I don't know where you're getting 90% from. I accept there's some, a much smaller percentage I'd wager, that are a bit sensitive and look for negatives where none exist.

Like I said earlier, most of the negative stuff we see from the media regarding City is to satiate the customer base, it makes sense from a commercial point of view but that doesn't mean we shouldn't call bollox on it and to do so doesn't mean we're paranoid either.

As for the positive press regarding the football we're producing, of course we're getting that, if that was being ignored then that wouldn't just be bias, it would be gross incompetence.

MUEN excelling themselves , their are SIXTEEN seperate articles/headlines about the merc. from him being a boyhood Rag to him forcing players like Snipenose to play better , can't wait for his 1st goal there will be a special commemorative eight page pull out and a full analysis of how the Rags are gonna close the "Gap".

Looked at the Mail online earlier. The first seven sports stories were Sanchez: Pathetic.

Unless there are two lists, your interpretation of only 5 PL champions since 2008 whose manager scooped the award is misleading. I make it only 3 of the last 10 who haven’t won it, 2 of which were Mancini and Pellegrini. The other was Taggart in 2010 when Redknapp got it. Either way, given that Ferguson has been overlooked just twice in 13 title winning seasons, yet we have been torpedoed twice from two, I’d say blue paranoia is fully understandable

Went into the local shop before 10 am this morning for a paper. They had sold out.The man said it was the first time in years this had happened and that people who normally buy one paper were buying several. He wondered why.

I think we can have a good guess.
I’m surprised anyone in the right mind would buy a paper today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.