Mehdi Benatia

I am confused as I thought he was going to sign for the rags as they were the club he always dreamt about playing for....

Eds said:
I am confused as I thought he was going to sign for the rags as they were the club he always dreamt about playing for....

No, that's di Maria after City and PSG didn't want him and Perez showed him the door.

Although i am sure i remember a Mehdi Benatia playing for Collyhurst lads a few years back. The rags must have loaned him out.

de niro said:
BringBackSwales said:
Lock the thread?

No need. People may still want a say.
It'll drop off as interest wanes.
Just enough time then to add that City were messed around by Roma during negotiations and by doing so, Benatia was sold for a lot less than the asking price. A salutary warning for clubs who think we are there to be taken for a ride when we enter the market for their players.

bluechampion7891 said:
Hey sgerlat, what do you think about the CL draw? Do you fancy your chances to progress?

I don't think any of Bayern or City's players are smiling either, at least we knew beforehand it was going to be tough, maybe not that tough. You didn't.

Considering City couldn't get Liverpool this is probably the worst draw you could have had, we were the team to avoid, bad luck is on you.

Btw if we win the first one at home against CSKA we're looking good, you'll have a lot of pressure in the 2nd unless you win against Bayern, which of course is a possibility.

sgerlat said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Hey sgerlat, what do you think about the CL draw? Do you fancy your chances to progress?

I don't think any of Bayern or City's players are smiling either, at least we knew beforehand it was going to be tough, maybe not that tough. You didn't.

Considering City couldn't get Liverpool this is probably the worst draw you could have had, we were the team to avoid, bad luck is on you.

Btw if we win the first one at home against CSKA we're looking good, you'll have a lot of pressure in the 2nd unless you win against Bayern, which of course is a possibility.
Enough of the mind games! We've done this before.

Winning your home games is all important, and City can certainly do that.

I'm glad Benatia moved on now.

Are Maicon and cole likely to be the full backs?

Marvin said:
sgerlat said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Enough of the mind games! We've done this before.

Winning your home games is all important, and City can certainly do that.

I'm glad Benatia moved on now.

Are Maicon and cole likely to be the full backs?

I'm not sure about Cole, they're some rumors swirling around saying we're chasing a new LB with the €10 extra milions Napoli gifted us, someone ductile and more dynamic who can play both sides, I hope so because he's terribly out of shape.

Maicon will be the starter, he has proved us he still go it. Defensively is none, offensively is a serious weapon to deploy, he has to be handled carefully though, he can't play 3 games in 7 days. His playmaking skills goes underrated, he can partecipate to the manoeuvre greatly. he can create something from an unusual position. I think he will be used mainly in Europe because of his experience, anyway Torosids is a good replacement and experienced enough to play the Champions League so I'm not worried if Maicon is out.

On the other side of the floor Emanuelson scares the hell out of me, he's bad, and Cole against Navas will be a nightmare if Pellegrini decides to play him, his pace is unbearable for us.

There are some other rumors, which don't make any sense to my ears, saying we have an agreement with Psg for Rabiot, apparently €12m.

I can't deny he's great prospect, I really like him, but a midfield which comprises PJanic-De Rossi-Strootman-Nainggolan-Keita-Ucan-Rabiot-Paredes is disproportionate, a bit of a waste considering Cole is starting on the left, plus Rabiot said he wants to play so I don't see his signing as a possible scenario.

A LB or a striker are much more likely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.