Melbourne City FC Thread

All the Aussies games I've watched are proper end to end stuff......fuck the defending.

KK would go down a storm over there.

Good to score 4 yet still conceded 2. Front third looking like scoring a lot more. Just need to tighten up at the back.

Good result especially after last week's second half disaster hopefully this is the start of a period of consistency. The result needs to take into account Adelaide are pretty woeful.

Good to score 4 yet still conceded 2. Front third looking like scoring a lot more. Just need to tighten up at the back.

Good result especially after last week's second half disaster hopefully this is the start of a period of consistency. The result needs to take into account Adelaide are pretty woeful.

They also need to take into account that Melbourne City's manager is woeful. It came out in the last day or two that he's close to moving up to fourth on the all-time list of most games managed in the A-League, yet he has the record lowest win percentage of all A-League managers with 50 or more games under their belt, at somewhere around 30%.

The Melbourne fans have been crying out for him to be sacked and replaced with someone who actually knows how to organise a team for about two years now. He keeps doing just enough to survive his end of season review, without ever actually threatening to finally become a good manager. With Fornaroli, Mooy and Novillo up front, though, it looks like they will drag him to yet another respectable yet underachieving finish yet again and once more preserve his job.

What makes it worse, of course, is that he was their first ever manager and they got rid of him once, but when John Aloisi turned out to be even worse then they recalled him rather than finding a better alternative.

Actually slightly incorrect.

Yes the general consensus is that JVS needs to be replaced.

But actually he was never sacked originally. He left and cited family reasons as the factor. Then took up a position in Mexico soon after. He didn't really achieve anything in Mexico (maintained his 33% winning ratio) and was then sacked. After that he took up a position with Heart as some sort of advisory role mentoring Aloisi.
After what seemed an eternity Aloisi was finally removed and JVS was brought back in as caretaker. A few weeks later maybe 4 CFG announced the purchase of Heart.

After a good run of results CFG then announced the resigning of JVS. Soon after a string of losses followed to conclude the season.

Now after all is said and done he has put together a formidable and balanced squad but the doubts linger. I was pretty much in his corner until the FFA Cup semi. The decision to field such a team for me was inexcusable.

I seriously think he cannot take us to the next level. The only thing that he has done exceptionally well is bringing in youth players and getting them up to seniors standard.

With the NYC situation it has given some hope that there could be a move soon.
Time will tell.

tomorrow melbourne city vs western sydney wanderers

no offense but i want the wanderers to win this one

this is a video by copa 90 which has a bit of history on melbourne city and talks about the derby if you want it, also has a bit on brisbane roar, and western sydney wanderers and talks about a few of the ethnic clubs like south melbourne fc and marconi if anyone is interested

tomorrow melbourne city vs western sydney wanderers

no offense but i want the wanderers to win this one

this is a video by copa 90 which has a bit of history on melbourne city and talks about the derby if you want it, also has a bit on brisbane roar, and western sydney wanderers and talks about a few of the ethnic clubs like south melbourne fc and marconi if anyone is interested

Side note, sick of seeing video ads for these "Copa 90" people.

Not on here, but practically everywhere else I go.

Just popped the game on 0-2 halfway through the second half.

where's Mooy the only decent player they have, injured or suspended?

Pretty dire stuff. Think it Marwood and co might need to make a decision on the manager soon. It's not all his fault, but he's holding the team back on and off the pitch IMO.

Side note, sick of seeing video ads for these "Copa 90" people.

Not on here, but practically everywhere else I go.
i actually have not seen them anywhere so i didnt know they were everywhere

happy with the win for the wanderers, i thought it was going to be a draw, stupid stuff from the defenders of melbourne city to not play till the whistle however i think the wanderers dominated today but city still could have won

and yes Mooy is playing for Australia in the A-league we dont have international breaks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.