Melbourne City FC Thread

Take a point. 2 wins and a draw in 8 days is good result. The game could have went either way several sitters missed and a few good saves but overall a draw was probably all deserved.

Basically only 4 starting from Wednesday night cup final win (excluding Bouzanis GK) was a good show of depth. Interesting thing about it all was suddenly the emotionless JVS has starting showing a bit of passion and mongrel. For the last 6 years he's come across as cool even aloof and very one dimensional. Since the cup win he came and attacked Aliosi in a presser and then last night was very vocal and emotive during the game. To his credit the players seem to be buying in. Bouzanis ran half the field after the goal and celebrated in front of the opposition bench. Copped a yellow for his efforts also.

Interesting times.

Next 2 weeks will be very important in shaping the finals positions. Sydney away and Victory in the Christmas derby at AAMI.

If we can get 4 points or better I'd be rapped.

Game tomorrow night (Friday night local time) away to Sydney. It 1 v 2. A Sydney win would open up a 9 point gap a City win would drag them back to 3 a 1 game lead. A true 6 pointer.

Sydney will be out to seek revenge especially at home but I'm loving our new resolve and it's definitely not going to be easy. We are basically playing with a full squad which at any point in our small history is completely unheard off. Normally at this point of the season we would have at least 2 or 3 key players out and we'd be colouring our results because they were unavailable. It might be an early call and injuries especially impact ones are more luck than anything but our investment into world class facilities and staff look like reaping rewards.

Across the pitch we are covered and Colazo and Franjic being fully fit has really created a competent defence our midfield is really developing with Kilkenny and Brattan developing a good relationship and our front three look really potent. But for me the player that has been most impressive has been Jakobsen at center back.

We match up well against Sydney and JVS for some reason coaches well against Arnold so I'm confident of a win.

Who knows hopeful as ever.

Has this game been called off?

ko is supposed to be 8.50 UK time, even allowing for the clocks moving a coule of weeks ago nothing seems to be happening.

EDIT...seems the game is tomorrow!!!!

Last edited:
Mixed feelings about this one. Was probably our worst performance for the season. But after being 1 up late in the second against 10 men we should have taken all 3 points albeit a soft pen.
If you were to look at the game in isolation a point away to the league leaders was a good result. If you look at it in context of the season we haven't closed the gap and I just hope we don't look back at this game when finish short by 2 points at the end.

All up content.

Highlight of the game was the freekick against the post by Melbourne, they should have closed the game out playing against 10 men but overall I thought a draw was probably a fair result.

Mixed feelings about this one. Was probably our worst performance for the season. But after being 1 up late in the second against 10 men we should have taken all 3 points albeit a soft pen.
If you were to look at the game in isolation a point away to the league leaders was a good result. If you look at it in context of the season we haven't closed the gap and I just hope we don't look back at this game when finish short by 2 points at the end.

All up content.

Ref was poor,the guy who won the penalty should have been sent off 10 mins earlier

Just found out I'll be seeing you guys on the 19th Jan.

Hoping to see some decent football as tbh I have no knowledge of the league at all...it could be Stockport County quality for all I know.

Don't expect much. The passion and endeavor is up there but the quality is lacking. Having said that weather should be good (not if your playing) and watching a game in shorts and thongs have a few cold ones is pretty good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.