Melbourne City FC Thread

Happy new year mate,have enjoyed watching you play.
But can you please do something about them bloody seagulls as I've no idea what's the ball and what's a seagull :+)
Soon see if your officially part of the city family predicting an easy win or will you manage to loose it a la typical city

Yeah seagulls are pretty annoying but to be fair not as bad as the bats that also big in numbers. Across the road at the MCG they have installed these wires that seem to have solved the problem. Hopefully they go with that at AAMI.

Coming from 5 seasons of Heart, we are experts in snatching a loss from the jaws of victory or whatever that saying is supposed to be.

Congratulations on your genuine easy win .
Grabbing a draw with a 90th main penalty !
Typicalcity and cups for cock ups has truly gone worldwide !

Insipid 2:2 draw with a 90th minute penalty to equalize. Terrible result complete disaster.

This nonsense cannot continue.

I watched a few minutes of this game. At least I think it was this game. After about 55 mins City were one up, but from HT they only had had 27% possession! Thought it was inviting disaster.

The second half was pathetic. Very slow and lacking any adventure. To add to this the 2 subs used were teenagers. For us to drop points against one of the weakest teams in the League has really put a dampener on any real chance of finishing top 2.

Serious questions need to be asked about what the hell is going on.

The way Sidney are going compared to City in the league, the cup win was as David Coleman would say 'remarkable'

Similar to New York and with respect the proper City, all 3 teams seem to have gone so far and now are stagnant/going backwards.

I don't know if as a whole we're spread too far and too thin or the people running the show are providing graphs that all's well to protect thier own arses.

The way Sidney are going compared to City in the league, the cup win was as David Coleman would say 'remarkable'

Similar to New York and with respect the proper City, all 3 teams seem to have gone so far and now are stagnant/going backwards.

I don't know if as a whole we're spread too far and too thin or the people running the show are providing graphs that all's well to protect thier own arses.

Not sure either. What is pretty clear CFG have decided to go a particular course and it's going to take something drastic to change it.

The one thing common amongst all 3 is the lack of defensive functionality. Now I have never played or coached at the elite level but have watched a fair bit and if you can't shore up you defence winning matches and titles are near impossible. One would think that when building a team you fundamentally start by building the defense and make sure that's rock solid and then once that's sorted move onto the the attack. Now in Melbourne this 3 at the back is just not working and persisting with it is just simply insane.

Anyway wiser heads than mine will obviously have an answer but it's really frustrating to watch.

Not sure either. What is pretty clear CFG have decided to go a particular course and it's going to take something drastic to change it.

The one thing common amongst all 3 is the lack of defensive functionality. Now I have never played or coached at the elite level but have watched a fair bit and if you can't shore up you defence winning matches and titles are near impossible. One would think that when building a team you fundamentally start by building the defense and make sure that's rock solid and then once that's sorted move onto the the attack. Now in Melbourne this 3 at the back is just not working and persisting with it is just simply insane.

Anyway wiser heads than mine will obviously have an answer but it's really frustrating to watch.

We sacked the best defensive coach we've ever had and haven't really recovered since.

JVS has resigned. Feel like this is a real turning point for the club.

The playing list is definitely high quality and a quality coach could achieve immediate success. Be very interesting to see how CFG approach it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.