Melbourne City FC Thread

Finished 2:1. Little bit disappointed we didn't take couple more but will take a win.

Back to full strength and Cahill scoring a brace was positive. But for me Colazos game a major improvement him firing is very important.

Got Newcastle away next week so hopefully we can go back to back.

Newcastle Jets away tomorrow night. Only things of note this week is Connor Chapman released and signed for a Korean side. And Valkanis has been confirmed as senior coach till seasons end.

A win against the Jets keeps us in touching distance and then it comes down to a derby clash Saturday week. We win both of those then our season is back on track anything less we can basically accept 3rd as our best outcome.
It's been a very quiet week and it feels like all buzz has left and we are just treading water so a convincing win would really help.

I went to the game against CCM.

Odd seeing Cahill score for the team you're supporting! Found it hard to cheer but did so anyway.

I haven't been to a women's game in the UK but just as I imagined one of those games would be.

The Happy Together song before the game is what I imagine the club would like to introduce in Manc, especially with the Happy #Together line. Way too cheesy for me as was many other aspects such as the away fans.

I did appreciate being able to drink a beer whilst watching the game though.

As for the football...not the best quality wise and Melbourne didn't look to be a man up for most of the game. I thought the young lad in 11 looked promising if he gets some confidence from somewhere but nobody really stood out apart from Cahill who was greedy on a couple of occassions but can't say I blame him to be honest.

All round a good bit of entertainment and took my 9 year old nephew and he loved it but expensive for fairly low quality - so not much different from the UK then.

Wow that was embarrassing. Pathetic and insipid. Possibly our worst ever performance giving the Aliosi era a good shake.

This club has gone backwards. Time for bed.

Wow that was embarrassing. Pathetic and insipid. Possibly our worst ever performance giving the Aliosi era a good shake.

This club has gone backwards. Time for bed.
Seem to be following the Curbishly/Charlton formula since the long-term manager left.

Sometimes you don't realise how lucky you are.

Seem to be following the Curbishly/Charlton formula since the long-term manager left.

Sometimes you don't realise how lucky you are.
Not sure. Really don't know anything about Charlton but it wasn't like we were successful under JVS it's just that we are worse under Valkanis. He hasn't changed anything but tried a more conservative safe approach which so far is terrible to watch and ineffective.

We concentrate on this possession ideology at all costs and end up moving the ball so slow. Opposition sides basically sit back with 2 banks of 4 and wait for a turnover and then we get caught on the counter.

It's madness we don't have the skill or intelligence to unlock defenses yet for some unexplained reason we persist with it. Add to that we are leaving 2 fully fit visa players on the bench, Sorensen and Brandan. We play Malik at CB who basically is a weak number 6 ahead of Ruon who has been very good. And we have Rose at left back who frankly is a plodder instead of Colazo and when he has played at LB is at a different level.

We have the derby next Saturday and we are going to get murdered.

It's going from bad to worse.

Not sure. Really don't know anything about Charlton but it wasn't like we were successful under JVS it's just that we are worse under Valkanis. He hasn't changed anything but tried a more conservative safe approach which so far is terrible to watch and ineffective.

We concentrate on this possession ideology at all costs and end up moving the ball so slow. Opposition sides basically sit back with 2 banks of 4 and wait for a turnover and then we get caught on the counter.

It's madness we don't have the skill or intelligence to unlock defenses yet for some unexplained reason we persist with it. Add to that we are leaving 2 fully fit visa players on the bench, Sorensen and Brandan. We play Malik at CB who basically is a weak number 6 ahead of Ruon who has been very good. And we have Rose at left back who frankly is a plodder instead of Colazo and when he has played at LB is at a different level.

We have the derby next Saturday and we are going to get murdered.

It's going from bad to worse.
Sorry, Charlton Athletic were a mid table, stable club for many years, the fans blamed the manager for not pushing on and fan power onto the board got him sacked.

Fast forward a few seasons, change of owner to some iffy shitehawks who picked up the club for pennies as they dropped like a stone and what fans are left protest against the club owners.

Vicious circle complete for them.

Obviously CFG won't turn out like that but the first part re the manager may we'll end up ringing true.

Sorry, Charlton Athletic were a mid table, stable club for many years, the fans blamed the manager for not pushing on and fan power onto the board got him sacked.

Fast forward a few seasons, change if owner to some iffy shitehawks who picked up tg club for pennies as they dropped like a stone and what fans are left protest against the club owners.

Vicious circle complete for them.

Obviously CFG won't turn out like that but the first part re the manager may we'll end up ringing true.

Oh that's not really the same.

Our problem in my uninformed opinion is more this obsession with playing the "city way" (whatever that means). CFG have a clear idea on how we should play the game but in a capped League with at least half the XI locals the skill is just not there. I really don't blame Valkanis he is basically doing what he has been instructed, but to me it's a flawed system.

Now this is in now way intended to bag CFG what they have done down here is phenomenal it's just they need to come up with a new system that suits our obvious limitations down here. Weather that fits their model is another question. And without knowing alot of the goings on in NY I suspect the same applies to them.

Derby this Saturday night. Lacking any sort of confidence. I hate going there at the best of times this I dread will be worse.

I can't see us getting anything out of this one and a loss basically ends any real chance of getting anything this season.

On the bright side I normally feel this way in November.

Derby this Saturday night. Lacking any sort of confidence. I hate going there at the best of times this I dread will be worse.

I can't see us getting anything out of this one and a loss basically ends any real chance of getting anything this season.

On the bright side I normally feel this way in November.

So will it be on Saturday morning here in the UK ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.