memo - David Gill

Our greatest asset, outside of Pep, is our academy.

They have seen the future and some don't like it one bit.

Is this just a general David Gill's a C*nt thread, tolmie, or should we be preparing ourselves for some shit news.

Your bringing up his continuing attempts to stop us and then the academy have me feeling a bit nervous that I'm about to get a Skysports alert on my phone saying we're fucked.

But we always knew Gill would create as many obstacles for city or any other team that hurts the bottom line of his cash cow at Trafford...

Are we looking at new regulations to academies? We could have predicted this move pal...

Is this just a general David Gill's a C*nt thread, tolmie, or should we be preparing ourselves for some shit news.

Your bringing up his continuing attempts to stop us and then the academy have me feeling a bit nervous that I'm about to get a Skysports alert on my phone saying we're fucked.

I think the song says it best?

There are ongoing attempts, however, to try and bring together "like-minded" or should that be "considered custodians of the game" to try and create hurdles.

Funny that, because the same happened on FFP in this country.

Purely coincidental, surely, that United are currently in the process of a 12 month overhaul of their fast-fading youth system...

The top should be run by people with no relationship to any club but then our complaint would be that it's too cold and there's no understanding or love of the game. It's a dilemma. I agree though that Gill shouldn't be at the top but I bet everyone at that level would swear they are wholesome and good.

I think the song says it best?

There are ongoing attempts, however, to try and bring together "like-minded" or should that be "considered custodians of the game" to try and create hurdles.

Funny that, because the same happened on FFP in this country.

Purely coincidental, surely, that United are currently in the process of a 12 month overhaul of their fast-fading youth system...

Didn't that happen a while ago, when United and Liverpool threatened to stop playing us at youth level?

Ah so basically a nothing thread, or a "spotlight" thread.

Nothing we do not know. He is on 2 million a year to get city.

Going by the song text Tolmie implies that David Gill is out of touch and out of time in his quest to stop City, so I would see it as something positive for us. Just my 2 cents worth of interpretation.

Didn't that happen a while ago, when United and Liverpool threatened to stop playing us at youth level?

Yup, that was the start of it.

Liverpool have since pulled their satellite midweek training academy from Manchester because they can't compete with City for players on our doorstep anymore.

It's gone way beyond that now.

More diddums.

at least when it comes to Academy regulations I am pretty certain Chelsea will be going in to bat with us and Spurs may also be the next in. .

Utd and Liverpool are out biggest threats here and to some extent Everton. We have got nearly all the best north west and west yorkshire talent. I think in London its a different situation and there is more of a spread of the best players. You only have to look at current England U16 and likely next U6 squad to see the power we wield in the North West

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.