memo - David Gill

I really don't understand why Gill even thought this was a good idea. It's just handing massive amounts of cash to Barca and Real making United look like small fry to them. Small time club mentality I suppose

I'd think the boys in Abu Dhabi would be a little more efficient than simply "throwing shit". I think they see Gill and his cronies at the FA & UEFA as serious threats to their investment and will do whatever is needed to counteract that threat.

You have come across with some good inside info before , like the turbulent state of the club pre takeover and the real reasons for bobbys sacking etc. Do you have any info you can share (or even hint at) on this?

Please say you do. If you don't then pretend just to cheer me up. I'm well and truly sick of the shit we have to take from the fa and their cronies.

It's not even subtle anymore, it's a blatant 'fuck you' to city and everything we are trying to achieve.

I really don't understand why Gill even thought this was a good idea. It's just handing massive amounts of cash to Barca and Real making United look like small fry to them. Small time club mentality I suppose

At a guess:
Utd, the Milan clubs and Liverpool haven't been regulars in the CL. To get a decent (pot 2) ranking, the coefficient needed a boost, and this was a way to achieve that, offering a little to Chelsea, but nothing to any other English club.

That then left the need to get more people on board, which is probably why the Italians were invited in. As Barcelona/Bayern/Real are pretty much guaranteed pot 2 in perpetuity before this, they needed to sweeten the deal for them - bingo, more cash for former winners. I think the 4th automatic group place was rolled in with it at the same time.

More baffling is why anyone else agreed to it.

I'd happily pay an extra 5% on ST renewal if it went to hire a hitman to take out Gill.

Poisonous fooker.

At a guess:
Utd, the Milan clubs and Liverpool haven't been regulars in the CL. To get a decent (pot 2) ranking, the coefficient needed a boost, and this was a way to achieve that, offering a little to Chelsea, but nothing to any other English club.

That then left the need to get more people on board, which is probably why the Italians were invited in. As Barcelona/Bayern/Real are pretty much guaranteed pot 2 in perpetuity before this, they needed to sweeten the deal for them - bingo, more cash for former winners. I think the 4th automatic group place was rolled in with it at the same time.

More baffling is why anyone else agreed to it.

The smaller leagues were against it but uefa forced it through, no doubt the old breakaway league threat was used again. Ceferin has spoke out about the "revamp" and was probably the reason he got so much support in the election. We just have to hope he's up for a fight, has big balls, not the shriveled raisins of the past incumbents.

Fiddling the coeefficents might not be as bad as you think. Top seeds become the shite old guard & lower seeds are the fresh up & coming teams.

Rags could fiddle themselves into s group with PSG & Athletico & that would make me piss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.