MEN Arena

Yeah same here. Stood in a queue in virtually the exact spot it was detonated. Really preyed on my mind a bit tbh

Me too. One of my school friends died that night and knowing that I was standing where she had drawn her last breath knocked me sideways. I was with my children at the Arena six months to the day after the attack and I must admit that I denied them nothing that evening and hugged them that bit tighter and longer when I tucked them in when we were home.

Me too. One of my school friends died that night and knowing that I was standing where she had drawn her last breath knocked me sideways. I was with my children at the Arena six months to the day after the attack and I must admit that I denied them nothing that evening and hugged them that bit tighter and longer when I tucked them in when we were home.

Sorry to hear that Bluegirl. Was she one of the two mums from Royton ?

Probably not the right thread for reflection but that day is kind of burned on to my mind a bit. I can remember exactly where I was when the missus told me what happened. Still hard to comprehend this happening in our city.

Probably not the right thread for reflection but that day is kind of burned on to my mind a bit. I can remember exactly where I was when the missus told me what happened. Still hard to comprehend this happening in our city.

Same here, was half asleep in bed when my missus came in and told me about it, we'd been to the arena not long before and she'd been past Victoria station earlier that day, didn't get a wink of sleep that night, couldn't stop thinking how it could so easily have been us.

Same here, was half asleep in bed when my missus came in and told me about it, we'd been to the arena not long before and she'd been past Victoria station earlier that day, didn't get a wink of sleep that night, couldn't stop thinking how it could so easily have been us.

I'd only recently left the UK and had a job interview the morning after it happened. I didn't find out until the morning, and was informed through the bathroom door. Sat on the couch open mouthed staring at the news. The rest of the day was a blur but I somehow blagged through the interview and got the job. I think i'm one of many people who had a friend that knew Martyn Hett, he was a very well known and liked lad. I came home for a visit that weekend and found it almost healing to be in Manchester. The day still plays on my mind a bit though as you can probably tell.

Yes, went to see Nick Cave.

They have airport style security on the way in. If you sneak a bottle in the worst that’ll happen is that it’ll get confiscated though, in all likelihood.

Just getting into him now mate. What should I be listening too please? Current Fave O Children.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.