MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure about no squad players

kelechi was a used sub on Sunday. Who was the back up goalkeeper on Sunday, I am sure that was Gunn.

Against the rags in the cup we played a few youngsters and have done in other games this season. Is that abject failure. You could say the club has tried but they not yet up to scratch, the players may have not taken their chances.

At Chelsea in the cup under Pellegrini we were lambasted for fielding a young side.

City have throughout the years played local and young talent.

City used to be one of the top clubs for this, alongside Utd, & have a tradition for it which was strongly in evidence right up to the takeover. The team then was heavily influenced by 'home grown' players.

Since the takeover, wd have worked on collecting some of the best talent in europe & have succesfully prevented most of it from breaking through into decent level football. Utd have contnued using kids, most of whom will never make it at te swamp, but still have done their bit in Utd's team & for the most part been a huge positive for them in a time when most things have gone to shit.

Their fans don't usually complain that a kid is getting a debut & don't shit their pants it might 'cost' them, because they know it doesn't. Ours used to be the same but have now bottled it.

I have been telling people for some time about how Utd will try to hijack our superior youth position. They will use people in the media to show how a kid going to Utd has a future & a kid going to City has money. It will get worse & worse until either we show the balls to use some of our kids (good enough or not good enough) or alternatively they will just overtake us & sign up all the best ones.

We are in competition with Manchester Utd & the world's biggest bullshit machine here & they strongly resent us taking all the best kids.

It's time City & half the people on here, fucking woke up.

United promoting more kids than City is an urban myth. Born on the back of the so called class of 92 and propagated ever since. The claim that United brought more through is just eyewash. For the rest of the 90s and a good deal of the 00s United had their class of 92 and where they needed better they bought. Center backs, keepers, midfield etc. City didn't have the money we had to promote youth or find bargains in the transfer market. More recently the only kids we have seen at united have like many of City's been shown not to have what was necessary to compete in the Premier League. Despite every single one of united's being proclaimed as the next Giggs, Ronaldo, Cantona before ever so quietly being loaned out then sold. In the last 10 years since the class of 92 began to fail united have no more club trained players than City in any list of 1st team squad regulars. yes, recently a few young and strange faces have appeared on united's bench but expediency rather than club policy promoted the likes of Rashford. If some rag journalist wants to capture 4 weeks of May and call it history I don't have to fall for it. Let's see how many are loaned out next season and how many even get to united's bench.

City used to be one of the top clubs for this, alongside Utd, & have a tradition for it which was strongly in evidence right up to the takeover. The team then was heavily influenced by 'home grown' players.

Since the takeover, wd have worked on collecting some of the best talent in europe & have succesfully prevented most of it from breaking through into decent level football. Utd have contnued using kids, most of whom will never make it at te swamp, but still have done their bit in Utd's team & for the most part been a huge positive for them in a time when most things have gone to shit.

Their fans don't usually complain that a kid is getting a debut & don't shit their pants it might 'cost' them, because they know it doesn't. Ours used to be the same but have now bottled it.

I have been telling people for some time about how Utd will try to hijack our superior youth position. They will use people in the media to show how a kid going to Utd has a future & a kid going to City has money. It will get worse & worse until either we show the balls to use some of our kids (good enough or not good enough) or alternatively they will just overtake us & sign up all the best ones.

We are in competition with Manchester Utd & the world's biggest bullshit machine here & they strongly resent us taking all the best kids.

I think it's time you calmed down.

'Successfully prevented' - who uses terms like that when all you are really is an outsider looking in when it comes to these players.

You could get a job at utd with the stuff you have written there in the pr department.

Have you given a thought that we were behind utd in terms of youth and it only the last 2 years our young teams have started to show real promise. Does not make them ready.

I will trust those at the club to be aware of what they are doing.

I agree with that. City as a club are playing right into the hands of some of the parasites who like to waffle absolute nonsense on a daily basis. We have the talent coming through, its up to us as a club to start introducing some of these lads.

If we cannot show a pathway to young players like Sancho, Diaz and Foden, then we can kiss goodbye to other top prospects thinking of joining us in the future.

I think it's time you calmed down.

'Successfully prevented' - who uses terms like that when all you are really is an outsider looking in when it comes to these players.

You could get a job at utd with the stuff you have written there in the pr department.

Have you given a thought that we were behind utd in terms of youth and it only the last 2 years our young teams have started to show real promise. Does not make them ready.

I will trust those at the club to be aware of what they are doing.

This is the same line trotted out every year mostly by people who don't give a toss.

Is it bollocks only the last few years our kids teams have shown promise. It's just that the last few years we have some shiny new buildings, so some people think the academy opened.

As for pr for Utd, they don't need me they have thousands of people doing it for them mostly free of charge & we are playing into their hands.

Articles like that may actually kick us up the arse to do something about it, which we need to or we will lose future generations of kids to them.

I agree with that. City as a club are playing right into the hands of some of the parasites who like to waffle absolute nonsense on a daily basis. We have the talent coming through, its up to us as a club to start introducing some of these lads.

If we cannot show a pathway to young players like Sancho, Diaz and Foden, then we can kiss goodbye to other top prospects thinking of joining us in the future.

All we have to do, is be SEEN to be using them, problem solved.

If they don't make it at City, it doesn't actually matter, so long as we are giving them a fair chance.

Some will.

This is the same line trotted out every year mostly by people who don't give a toss.

Is it bollocks only the last few years our kids teams have shown promise. It's just that the last few years we have some shiny new buildings, so some people think the academy opened.

As for pr for Utd, they don't need me they have thousands of people doing it for them mostly free of charge & we are playing into their hands.

Articles like that may actually kick us up the arse to do something about it, which we need to or we will lose future generations of kids to them.

What makes you think you have the right to decide or say who gives a toss based on a thread and a different view.

For that alone I out as there no point.

A few city fans.

You want to start a fanzine or become the head of a supporters club as you seem to represent the views or say you know the views of the majority of city fans

Only a few would be so bold and they have been shown up in the past

All we have to do, is be SEEN to be using them, problem solved.

If they don't make it at City, it doesn't actually matter, so long as we are giving them a fair chance.

Some will.

Agreed. With the players coming in, can you imagine Sancho, Diaz and Foden playing off alongside them in the odd game. It would be heavenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.