MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
City used to be one of the top clubs for this, alongside Utd, & have a tradition for it which was strongly in evidence right up to the takeover. The team then was heavily influenced by 'home grown' players.

Since the takeover, wd have worked on collecting some of the best talent in europe & have succesfully prevented most of it from breaking through into decent level football. Utd have contnued using kids, most of whom will never make it at te swamp, but still have done their bit in Utd's team & for the most part been a huge positive for them in a time when most things have gone to shit.

Their fans don't usually complain that a kid is getting a debut & don't shit their pants it might 'cost' them, because they know it doesn't. Ours used to be the same but have now bottled it.

I have been telling people for some time about how Utd will try to hijack our superior youth position. They will use people in the media to show how a kid going to Utd has a future & a kid going to City has money. It will get worse & worse until either we show the balls to use some of our kids (good enough or not good enough) or alternatively they will just overtake us & sign up all the best ones.

We are in competition with Manchester Utd & the world's biggest bullshit machine here & they strongly resent us taking all the best kids.

It's time City & half the people on here, fucking woke up.
Sadly I agree with this. I look at us over the last couple of seasons and just think if a couple of the kids couldn't get a sniff of a chance when we haven't been pulling up any trees then I just don't know when they will ever get a chance. I still don't know how Maffeo ended up being shipped out on loan not long after that performance at old Trafford, when Pep clearly had no confidence at all in our established right backs. We are going to sign a raft of new players this summer and the pressure is hugely on Pep to succeed after winning nothing this season. I don't think we will see any of the kids next season.

What is all this bollox negativity because we don't have academy graduates ready for next season.
There are no prizes or points at stake for the number of graduates played each game.
Who gives a toss what the media or united think or say about it.
Talk of Foden is ridicules. Are we really talking about a boy playing in the Premier League.
We have given several older Development players starts and they , Maffeo apart have not impressed.
They get paid well, they should stay patient and if they are good enough the manager will pick them.

What is all this bollox negativity because we don't have academy graduates ready for next season.
There are no prizes or points at stake for the number of graduates played each game.
Who gives a toss what the media or united think or say about it.
Talk of Foden is ridicules. Are we really talking about a boy playing in the Premier League.
We have given several older Development players starts and they , Maffeo apart have not impressed.
They get paid well, they should stay patient and if they are good enough the manager will pick them.

You're right about Foden. He has got the potential in time to be a great player. But he has only just turned 17 & he looks small even for his own age group. Hopefully he will have a bit of a growth spurt over the next 12 months. If a young prospect is good enough he will force his way into the first team.

United promoting more kids than City is an urban myth. Born on the back of the so called class of 92 and propagated ever since. The claim that United brought more through is just eyewash. For the rest of the 90s and a good deal of the 00s United had their class of 92 and where they needed better they bought. Center backs, keepers, midfield etc. City didn't have the money we had to promote youth or find bargains in the transfer market. More recently the only kids we have seen at united have like many of City's been shown not to have what was necessary to compete in the Premier League. Despite every single one of united's being proclaimed as the next Giggs, Ronaldo, Cantona before ever so quietly being loaned out then sold. In the last 10 years since the class of 92 began to fail united have no more club trained players than City in any list of 1st team squad regulars. yes, recently a few young and strange faces have appeared on united's bench but expediency rather than club policy promoted the likes of Rashford. If some rag journalist wants to capture 4 weeks of May and call it history I don't have to fall for it. Let's see how many are loaned out next season and how many even get to united's bench.

Exactly!! And they were so keen to get rid of their prospects, they've had to buy one back for £90million & are about to buy another one back for £20 m

Our academy only effectively started 8 years ago - quality wise & the level that will stay to come through are still only 16 or 17.

Exactly!! And they were so keen to get rid of their prospects, they've had to buy one back for £90million & are about to buy another one back for £20 m

Our academy only effectively started 8 years ago - quality wise & the level that will stay to come through are still only 16 or 17.

So it's not true then, that Utd's kids get more opportunities to play first team football ?

They said it would take 10 years to see any fruit from the Academy tree, and does anyone think there is more than a very small handful of players who are of the quality required to play for THIS City team, let alone even make the squad? Garcia has shown he can fit in, but he doesn't light up anyone's life, and most of the rest seem like decent players who need to step up, which is why they end up getting sent out on loan to mature...or see if they mature.

The future is Blue.

So it's not true then, that Utd's kids get more opportunities to play first team football ?

It certainly isn't true. Between 1995 and 2016 you would be hard pressed to list any more united graduates who were given a regular start than City ones. If you think I am wrong name them.

Correct. Who did the scum play in the important games when all their first team were fit? Investment in our academy started in 2008/9 and it was a few years before we started to take the best players that would normally have gone to the other side....these players start at 7 8 9 and 10. They will start to come through soon.

It certainly isn't true. Between 1995 and 2016 you would be hard pressed to list any more united graduates who were given a regular start than City ones. If you think I am wrong name them.

Regular being the operative word.
I think the last 2 City managers would prefer to pick an out of form squad player rather than risk a young talent in any single game let alone regularly for PL games.

Correct. Who did the scum play in the important games when all their first team were fit? Investment in our academy started in 2008/9 and it was a few years before we started to take the best players that would normally have gone to the other side....these players start at 7 8 9 and 10. They will start to come through soon.

1989 was a good season for ours. I particularly remember them thrashing some also-rans 5 - 1 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.