MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed and we're already starting to see disenchanted kids in our academy. Tyrese Campbell refused to sign a scholarship and is already Stoke's best u23 player. He's alleged to be in the first team squad next season and he's only 17 now. Not sure if it'll happen, but he left cos he saw no way into the first team at all with the likes of Jesus, Kelechi and Aguero ahead of him and a bunch of players like Barker and co tearing up youth international football, the u18s league and FA Cup and getting fuck all game time, losing form and being farmed out to nowhere. Sancho is apparently seriously considering RB Leipzig's offer to move away too. We're in danger of having an immense amount of talent that could just use us as a finishing school and fuck off somewhere else at 16/17 and gift another club a gem. We're also in danger of just not signing these kids in the first place.

What I am scared off is the novelty of the academy will tear away. Soon kids are going to see Tyrese Campbell in the first team, while his teammates who are just as good go on loan to NAC or Girona or rot in the EDS. If we don't give chances like we have done, why would the next Jadon Sancho come to City. Like you mentioned, there is a very severe risk of losing our better talents soon, we saw it Monaco offering Richards a contract, Tosin not resigning, Gunn being neck and neck with Pickford but having zero appearances to his name. Our recruitment will take a severe hit soon. Sure we have decent facilities, but these kids want to see a clear path in their future and City currently are not providing that.

We see Monaco getting young players from around Europe for a fee then developing them into players that can be sold on for profit. In fact that is their Business Plan.
We see it work with B.Silva and Monaco are quite happy to see their team broken up for profit then they do the same thing again.

My question is if Monaco can do it for profit why can City not do it to develop PL players ?

Don't agree. We had one or two but since 70s & a brief spell early 80s our kids were "good" compared with the general standard within the club. Lakey and .......who else would have got in a team winning the league & in the European Cup????? However, as I keep stressing - the standards have improved throughout the club since 2008 & I expect some of the U16s & one or two others to feature soon.

This again goes back to the idea that Utd have had loads of talented players, which you said was not your opinion when I put it to you.

Imo their players have not been better than ours, they just use them, as we did until we got money.

Utd just do what City have always done.

Only we have stopped doing it. Hopefully, under Pep, we will restart.

This again goes back to the idea that Utd have had loads of talented players, which you said was not your opinion when I put it to you.

Imo their players have not been better than ours, they just use them, as we did until we got money.

Utd just do what City have always done.

Only we have stopped doing it. Hopefully, under Pep, we will restart.

Not sure we will to be honest mate, we are spending and unprecedented amount of money all at once in this window , we are signing young 22/23 year old players all on 5 year contracts-where are the gaps for some of these talented kids?Damocles in the latest 93:20 podcast calls it bang on-we keep saying its the 16 year old generation at the club that are the future but we have been saying exactly the same ever since 2013. No kids are coming through and the latest excuse now is that there is no B team level for players to play competitive football that mirrors the first team set up.

Its becoming a white elephant already the CFA, we will just end up training kids to a good standard who will leave and make it at other clubs-some will say that if we make a profit on those players then it isn't a waste of time-I'm not sure the owners will see it that way at all.So far its been poor but lets be honest here,Pep needs to win trophies and he wont promote youth if it gets in his way-hes under enormous pressure to prove to himself and his doubters he can make it in England.If he stays here for 5/6 seasons then we may just see it,if its 3/4 seasons then I don't.

Not sure we will to be honest mate, we are spending and unprecedented amount of money all at once in this window , we are signing young 22/23 year old players all on 5 year contracts-where are the gaps for some of these talented kids?Damocles in the latest 93:20 podcast calls it bang on-we keep saying its the 16 year old generation at the club that are the future but we have been saying exactly the same ever since 2013. No kids are coming through and the latest excuse now is that there is no B team level for players to play competitive football that mirrors the first team set up.

Its becoming a white elephant already the CFA, we will just end up training kids to a good standard who will leave and make it at other clubs-some will say that if we make a profit on those players then it isn't a waste of time-I'm not sure the owners will see it that way at all.So far its been poor but lets be honest here,Pep needs to win trophies and he wont promote youth if it gets in his way-hes under enormous pressure to prove to himself and his doubters he can make it in England.If he stays here for 5/6 seasons then we may just see it,if its 3/4 seasons then I don't.

I don't understand how it gets in the way of winning trophies, I think that is also an excuse. They seem to have done ok over the road, regularly using kids as well as winning trophies.

It appears the 17 year old French cb we have been all over, from Olympic, has decided to forgoe the lure of City's beautiful academy & the possibility of being coached by Pep Guardiola & stay where he is. If true, we haven't lost him to Real, Barca, Utd or anyone, he just doesn't fancy coming here.

There is only one reason for that imo.

I don't understand how it gets in the way of winning trophies, I think that is also an excuse. They seem to have done ok over the road, regularly using kids as well as winning trophies.

It appears the 17 year old French cb we have been all over, from Olympic, has decided to forgoe the lure of City's beautiful academy & the possibility of being coached by Pep Guardiola & stay where he is. If true, we haven't lost him to Real, Barca, Utd or anyone, he just doesn't fancy coming here.

The weather?

Kids want to play football and see a pathway to the first team-not farmed out on loan to clubs who couldn't give a shit about their future and just want a free bit of talent that may work for them, its frankly all fucking hot air from City in this regard and its wearing a bit thin already to be honest.As you say United don't seem to have a problem playing young players all of which seem to be average to the eye-in fairness to Rashford hes grasped his opportunity and is now playing for club and country and he came out of nowhere under LVG.

I love the excitement of signing new players but nothing beats seeing a graduate make it, even better if they are from the area.

We are just coming across again as a club throwing money around.

completely agree with what was said on the podcast about that. we've been saying the next golden generation are in the u16s for years now. reality is right now there is no path into the first team and we haven't really given any a chance. if i was younger i would stay at city until i was 18 , use the brilliant facilities and then leave to get a chance. every other team in the league other then us and chelsea give young players sufficient chances. when we are 4-0 in games, i dont understand why we can't bring on a young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.