MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Monaco can afford to play youngsters in the league they are in..If they were in the prem I doubt theyd field so many.

They do it as a business ie to make money and we as City buy the product they have effectively snapped up at a low price then developed into the players we will pay 43M for.
We should perhaps convince some of the other French League teams to blood our academy lads if all it needs is a lower league.

I suspect Monaco and their scouts are the secret and maybe our owner would do well to consider either buying Monaco or entering into some sort of deal with them to effectively cost share and share profits.

The MEN propaganda attack on City continues. This time from the Manchester United supporting Manchester City editor.

Twisting words to give Pep near impossible 'targets'.

Absolutely pathetic.

No he didn't, that's the myth the media want us all to fall for.

He had his regular squad and used them. He like most managers introduced a new player/s for the games against significantly poorer opposition.

His regular squad included Bojan, a kid at the time, who now plays for Stoke playing in team full of academy graduates, with a bunch of kids filling in here & there, which is precisely what I've posted about 20 times: kids filling in here and there. If any do well, you kep using them.

The 'myth' comes from people seeking to win an argument and anti Pep media, saying the opposite, which is blatant llies.

Interesting that Khaldoon wants a player to come through every year & says we already have the talent & it should have happened sooner.

So the rsst of you should have a go at him for not understanding how it works imo.

The MEN propaganda attack on City continues. This time from the Manchester United supporting Manchester City editor.

Twisting words to give Pep near impossible 'targets'.

Absolutely pathetic.

Just so we can sack him, the Community Shield is one of the targets ;-)

Kids want to play football and see a pathway to the first team-not farmed out on loan to clubs who couldn't give a shit about their future and just want a free bit of talent that may work for them, its frankly all fucking hot air from City in this regard and its wearing a bit thin already to be honest.As you say United don't seem to have a problem playing young players all of which seem to be average to the eye-in fairness to Rashford hes grasped his opportunity and is now playing for club and country and he came out of nowhere under LVG.

I love the excitement of signing new players but nothing beats seeing a graduate make it, even better if they are from the area.

We are just coming across again as a club throwing money around.

I think you are wrong, but if we get to 2020 and dont have 2 or 3 academy graduates in our best 11, I will concede you are correct

To play in our first team at 18-21 you would have to be in the best 5-10 players in your position in the world. Given the pressure top Managers are under how can they blood a kid with zero experience in our first team? You're not seriously suggesting some of our under 16s will be playing in the first team by 2020 are you? You're dreaming. Be better getting out on loan in lower leagues. The signing of Ederson underlines this point. Played for lower level Portuguese team when likes of Angus Gunn are pissing about in EDS playing 5 games a year.

Its only pathetic if you believe it.We`ve all seen and heard Khaldoons exact words so who the fuck is going to believe Robson ?

The mainstream media picked up on it from then and the BBC made it headline news. I'm sure you can imagine the comments on the stories.

To play in our first team at 18-21 you would have to be in the best 5-10 players in your position in the world. Given the pressure top Managers are under how can they blood a kid with zero experience in our first team? You're not seriously suggesting some of our under 16s will be playing in the first team by 2020 are you? You're dreaming. Be better getting out on loan in lower leagues. The signing of Ederson underlines this point. Played for lower level Portuguese team when likes of Angus Gunn are pissing about in EDS playing 5 games a year.

Do you think Kolo, Clichy, Sagna,Navas, Delph are in the top 5-10 players in their position? Yet they have still represented the team 20 or 30 times this year so why should it be different for a young player?

Players will go on loan that's logical but even at loan level it's unlikely they will play at the highest standard but that should not be the only route.

The league is full of players who have strengthened sides coming from the academy or with limited experience. Players like Rashford and Kelechi who came straight from the academy.

Kane and Alli who had played at lower leagues which is hardly the highest level were hardly top 5-10 players but have still contributed significantly to there team and progressed as a consequence.

Last edited:
The mainstream media picked up on it from then and the BBC made it headline news. I'm sure you can imagine the comments on the stories.
Yes but most people will have watched the Chairmans interview as Sky have been showing a lot of stuff.I`ve no idea as to why any daft twat would write shit like Robson has done,knowing its all a load of bollocks and how easy it is to prove him a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.