MEN - United have "embarrassed" City over academy graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.
To play in our first team at 18-21 you would have to be in the best 5-10 players in your position in the world. Given the pressure top Managers are under how can they blood a kid with zero experience in our first team? You're not seriously suggesting some of our under 16s will be playing in the first team by 2020 are you? You're dreaming. Be better getting out on loan in lower leagues. The signing of Ederson underlines this point. Played for lower level Portuguese team when likes of Angus Gunn are pissing about in EDS playing 5 games a year.

If this is aimed at Khaldoon, I'm not sure he comes on here, but if it isn't it should be, seeing he is the boss & he is saying it is behind schedule & he expects one every year, which is actually more than any of us have suggested possible, we just ask for them to have a chance rather than be ignored.

Give him a shout.

To play in our first team at 18-21 you would have to be in the best 5-10 players in your position in the world. Given the pressure top Managers are under how can they blood a kid with zero experience in our first team? You're not seriously suggesting some of our under 16s will be playing in the first team by 2020 are you? You're dreaming. Be better getting out on loan in lower leagues. The signing of Ederson underlines this point. Played for lower level Portuguese team when likes of Angus Gunn are pissing about in EDS playing 5 games a year.

Gunn has been pissing about because Pep has kept him here which was stupid. He 100% should've gotten a loan out. Instead he's to stall in the EDS because Pep was gonna teach him the master ways of distribution or whatever.

If he's not good enough to have one kid on the bench v anything below top 6 at least, then imo he's not that good.

It's a choice. Show some balls or just play it super ultra safe by having every position on the bench, a senior player.

The annoying think is there have been many opportunities to give a youngster some game time when the side is winning. Particularly under Pellers but I am sure Pep also, players like Nando and Navas have come on instead. I cannot get my head round the reasoning behind it. Just seems the perfect opportunity to give them game time against seasoned professionals, experience with their team mates and in front of a large crowd.

Do you think Kolo, Clichy, Sagna,Navas, Delph are in the top 5-10 players in their position? Yet they have still represented the team 20 or 30 times this year so why should it be different for a young player?

Players will go on loan that's logical but even at loan level it's unlikely they will play at the highest standard but that should not be the only route.

The league is full of players who have strengthened sides coming from the academy or with limited experience. Players like Rashford and Kelechi who came straight from the academy.

Kane and Alli who had played at lower leagues which is hardly the highest level were hardly top 5-10 players but have still contributed significantly to there team and progressed as a consequence.
Totally agree, the issue here is our buying policy. We should only buy world class players (De bruyne and Jesus for example) and not buy average ones mentioned above.( I would include a Nolito, Otamendi, Mangala in the above aswell ) I'm sure if some of the promising youngsters such as Kelechi , Roberts had 20/30 games a season they would just be as good as the average signings.

Wish people would stop referring to Kelechi as coming through our academy. He Came to the club after his 18th birthday so hardly counts as homegrown talent.

Wish people would stop referring to Kelechi as coming through our academy. He Came to the club after his 18th birthday so hardly counts as homegrown talent.

The point is he came direct from an academy, without first team experience, was not a top 5-10 player in the world and improved our squad last year like Rashford did across the road. Sonething you stated could not happen.

Totally agree, the issue here is our buying policy. We should only buy world class players (De bruyne and Jesus for example) and not buy average ones mentioned above.( I would include a Nolito, Otamendi, Mangala in the above aswell ) I'm sure if some of the promising youngsters such as Kelechi , Roberts had 20/30 games a season they would just be as good as the average signings.

We are currently buying at least one player from Monaco who seem to be able to find these potential PL grade players as a way to make their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.