Mendez connection - Wolves

Fred_Quimby

Can someone please explain the above? Don’t read the papers or follow Wolves but the owner of Leeds was bleating the other night how it wasn’t fair. No idea what he was talking about. Someone on another thread mentioned how it would be interesting if Wolves were promoted.

Can someone please explain the above? Don’t read the papers or follow Wolves but the owner of Leeds was bleating the other night how it wasn’t fair. No idea what he was talking about. Someone on another thread mentioned how it would be interesting if Wolves were promoted.

Think it was me who said it would be interesting to see how they do.

Basically Mendes is one of the most powerful football agents in the world and he is invested in part of Wolves so to speak. In the last 2 years I think it's something like 13 of his players have moved to Wolves either permanently or on loan.

Not sure about the FFP aspect in terms of the EFL rules but that won't matter as they will be promoted before that even matters. The football league owners just aren't happy that they've exploited a loop hole: having an agent as an investor, who can bring in top players in return for a pay off when they make the premier league.

In terms of it being interesting next year, he could get some of his very good players/clients to 'give it a go at Wolves' next year which makes them an interesting prospect. They wouldn't have to worry about being stuck at Wolves long term as he could leverage a deal with the owners to bring other players to Wolves etc... However if it pays off Wolves could be the next team to challenge the 'top 6', still a long way to go though but they do have some very good players like Ruben Neves.

Think it was me who said it would be interesting to see how they do.

Basically Mendes is one of the most powerful football agents in the world and he either owns or is invested in part of Wolves. In the last 2 years I think it's something like 13 of his players have moved to Wolves either permanently or on loan.

Not sure about the FFP aspect in terms of the EFL rules but that won't matter as they will be promoted before that even matters. The football league owners just aren't happy that they've exploited a loop hole: having an agent as an owner/investor, who can bring in top players in return for a pay off when they make the premier league.

In terms of it being interesting next year, he could get some of his very good players/clients to 'give it a go at Wolves' next year which makes them an interesting prospect. They wouldn't have to worry about being stuck at Wolves long term as he could leverage a deal with the owners to bring other players to Wolves etc... However if it pays off Wolves could be the next team to challenge the 'top 6', still a long way to go though but they do have some very good players like Ruben Neves.

Many, many thanks 1993. Really clear. Would these top players want to play for Wolves?

Many, many thanks 1993. Really clear. Would these top players want to play for Wolves?

Well it depends. Jorge Mendes would probably be able to get them a good contract, decent money, add to that they'd be playing in the Premier League under a promising manager. Then factor in that Mendes' influence means if a big club came in for said player, Wolves would probably sell them if Mendes could convince them that he could bring another top player there.

Take Ruben Neves as an example, 20 years old, talented midfielder, left Porto/Champions League football to help get Wolves promoted from the Championship, granted he'll probably be getting paid a lot more but says a lot about Mendes' influence when Neves could probably play for every team in the Premier League bar City.

Interesting but I read yesterday that wolves are getting round ffp according to some by underpaying their players. How would they attract them if that was the case?

Interesting but I read yesterday that wolves are getting round ffp according to some by underpaying their players. How would they attract them if that was the case?

Not sure if that's true but if that's the case then there will be all sorts of guarantees when they reach the Premier League and bonuses etc... Plus Mendes can pretty much guarantee them a move if they aren't happy.

Not sure if that's true but if that's the case then there will be all sorts of guarantees when they reach the Premier League and bonuses etc... Plus Mendes can pretty much guarantee them a move if they aren't happy.
Mendes will be paying half their wedge, or won't be claiming his agent fee. And then he'll get his big pay off when the club hits certain targets, as a dividend or similar.

No guarantee that they will go up. Their huge lead is now down to 3 points and Fulham and Villa are in good form.

Agreed that it's still tight as to who'll be champions, expect it to be Wolves but I can't see them not earning automatic promotion. Big game against Villa right now, Wolves have just equalised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.