Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its his own fault then?! I was sat opposite and cant say he was being particularly stupid in the positioning of his knee in that tackle. It was a tackle.

More important is that he seems to have a history of injuries?
I'm not saying the injury was his fault but his positioning and attempt at a tackle were.
It occurred right in front of us and could see it develop.

It's stretching a point a little to call it a tackle,he just fell into him banging his knee in the process. Refs issuing yellow cards for clumsiness is the new vogue.

i thought Danilo did well when he came on, snuffed out Townsend running into the space that was behind Mendy before his injury, Also think it helped Stones dealing with Benteke. Mendy has been great attacking but teams get behind him. Think this is more to do with Pep instructing him to be high up the pitch targeting the opposing teams fullback. Danilo could be a blessing as 1) it helps Otimendi as everyone knows he isnt the quickest, 2) Sane has more space out on the wing to operate in. Walker is usually in acres of space on the the other wing as Sterling is usually more in the attacking middle of the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.