Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
harsh as it was his first game of the season and he didn't have a preseason to boot. I'd like to see him there now he's up to speed

Against most of the league, i.e. Palace, Watford etc, it wouldn't be so bad as he can push right up the pitch and wouldn't have to do much defending. You go to Chelsea and play him there and they'd punish you.

It'll have to be Danilo but then that means there's no back up for Walker so he'll have to play every game. You need two good options for each position. Unfortunate that there's no Foden/Diaz level talent in the academy at left back at the moment. Angelino isn't going to make it, although Maffeo might. at RB.

We need him against Chelsea. I hope that doctor from Spain is a wizard.

Your right....here he is readying the x ray

wizard.jpg

Don't be a bell end. It was a crap tackle that didn't need making
Mendy lined him up for the foul...saw it coming a mile away, because he had already decided he wasn't going to chase him...and did himself. He can have no complaints, even though I feel bad for him and us.

Here's hoping it is nothing more than a sprain and after a brief rehab he will be back to marauding down the wing. Between now and then, Pep will have to model the team around our strengths and blunting the opposition from even trying to get down the right wing. The fix MAY be to move Danilo to the left side of a three, with Otamendi on the right of the three, with Delph (or even Sané!) in the "left back" position. This allows Danilo to cover the position, doesn't expose Ota to a marauding midfielder/winger/forward down the right if Delph or Sané gets caught upfield.

The key is to control the ball for 2/3 to 3/4 of the game and win it back quickly when we lose it, thus not exposing anyone at the back. When that breaks down, we need to collapse, organize and defend the inevitable occasional attacks. Sounds simple, and is, except the other team is trying everything to stop you from doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.