Mersey Gateway Bridge

bluethrunthru

Opens to traffic today. New bridge between Runcorn and Widnes which spans the Mersey and which you can cross for a fee / toll.

Its designed to take the pressure off the toll free existing Jubilee Bridge - this will be closed for some maintenance then when it reopens it will do so with a fanfare AND tolls !!

Cheeky bastards. Take away the free bridge open the tolled bridge then once everybody adjusts to the fait accompli reopen the freebie but charge for that too. That would be because motorists who use the crossing use fuel that has no taxes levied on it and pay no road fund license on vehicles that were purchased tax free so as they don't pay any taxes on their motoring can now join in via a toll - got us all by the short hairs when it comes to cars - take money off you for the upkeep of roads - then start fucking putting tolls on the roads you are already paying for !!

Opens to traffic today. New bridge between Runcorn and Widnes which spans the Mersey and which you can cross for a fee / toll.

Its designed to take the pressure off the toll free existing Jubilee Bridge - this will be closed for some maintenance then when it reopens it will do so with a fanfare AND tolls !!

Cheeky bastards. Take away the free bridge open the tolled bridge then once everybody adjusts to the fait accompli reopen the freebie but charge for that too. That would be because motorists who use the crossing use fuel that has no taxes levied on it and pay no road fund license on vehicles that were purchased tax free so as they don't pay any taxes on their motoring can now join in via a toll - got us all by the short hairs when it comes to cars - take money off you for the upkeep of roads - then start fucking putting tolls on the roads you are already paying for !!
You seem to be a bit in-toll-erant!

I'm a teacher and have to use the bridge every day. £80 a month is about £130 of gross earnings. Don't we already pay road fund license and have the highest fuel tax in Europe? I could well be forced to move schools.

It was obvious that it was going to happen.

I could have toll-ed you so.

It reminds one of the perverted bell ringer, tied his cock to the rope and tolled himself off...

I'm a teacher and have to use the bridge every day. £80 a month is about £130 of gross earnings. Don't we already pay road fund license and have the highest fuel tax in Europe? I could well be forced to move schools.

Whats important here is the fact the private finance behind the project not only recoups the £600M it cost but over the next 30 years makes approximately £1.2Billion in profit.

No one cares about you or others sadly mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.