Mersey Gateway Bridge

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bluethrunthru, 14 Oct 2017.

1. kbb

kbb

Went over it today to Liverpool Airport. Tried to pay 4 times online and it wouldn't complete. Had to phone to sort as was flying out tonight - not ideal!! Road is good though.

2. Ancient Citizen

Ancient Citizen

A mate of mine who's lived in London for years came up and went to see an old mate in Liverpool, got back to London
    with a fine through his letterbox. He had no idea where he was going route wise, he merely followed the signs and went over
    the bridge, he hadn't got a clue about bridges, tolls etc; I've also tried to pay on line and not succeeded, phoning up seems the only
    way. It's a fucking ridiculous system that will ensnare hundreds, if not thousands of drivers, plus I wouldn't be surprised
    if they've done it like this deliberately.
    Like you, I won't now use Liverpool airport, I'll travel via Warrington, to get over the water, they can get to fuck.

3. goatinho

goatinho

sorry...manley mere....due to my absolute outrage it has sent my brain wonky lol
    anyway my wife paid it but the latest letter i got said i could appeal again but gives reasons why you can appeal again...and my reason of them giving out shit signage and me being lost doesnt count. wanker ****s.

4. goatinho

goatinho

glad it helped someone.....just avoid in future. i certainly am.

5. smeeagain

smeeagain

Went over this bridge yesterday to drop my daughter off at liverpool airport, fantastic bridge but nowhere did I see signs saying pay online before 11.59 or penalty , what a disgusting way to rip people off !!! Its only by chance i read this post otherwise i,d be recieving a fine too , also had to pay £3 at the airport just to drop off which took seconds !!! RINSED !!!

6. malg

malg

That paying to drop someone off is fucking disgraceful. We really are fucking shite as a nation, we just take it. Utter fucking thieving ****s.

7. oldius

oldius

You're right. It's a £100 fine just for stopping your car on any of Liverpool airport's land!
    As regards the bridge, this is the first time that the British public will be subjected to a toll on a previously built, untolled route. I have signed an online petition that now has to be heard, and I have written to my MP. It needs everyone to stop this or it could be applied to any route. We already pay for huge fuel duty and road fund license!

8. laughing gravy

laughing gravy

5 of us went over it thursday did'nt cost a penny its free for bikes lol

9. sir baconface

sir baconface

GPC, FOC and bar
    No, no, you don’t understand. It’s a law of the land that you must use the bridge.

10. oldius

oldius

And 28 non tolled crossings over the Thames. Four crossings over the Mersey, all tolled.