Mersey Gateway Bridge

Turn right at the roundabout at the airport entrance rather than left. Manchester airport would charge for drop off if they could. Using security scares after the Glasgow car attack to forcing people to use car parks.

There will be court cases about not knowing how to pay. How are people expected to read signs and note a website to pay while batting along at 60 mph? If it's an offence to use a mobile phone while driving, what about writing down a website address?
I'm sure many folk won't put up with this, people must be receiving fines in abundance, as you say tearing across, as my mate did, then being expected to read signs flashing past is ludicrous.
There will be a backlash on this I'm certain.

There is a free drop off area but it' a good 10 mins walk outside and not signed. Website says it's signed never noticed any though
https://www.liverpoolairport.com/parking/drop-off-2/
I noticed that, but who the fuck would deliberately drive past an accessible point to drop passengers off half a mile away?
Conning, thieving Scouse twats, no wonder they call it John Lennon airport, it's the first place he went when he'd earned a few quid.

Utter disgrace. I’m off to join the online petitioners.

I live in Warrington. I try to avoid Liverpool in general, but the toll roads also, wherever feasible.

I also agree regarding Liverpool Airport. I don’t drive in any more. You drive in on a public road, which then takes you through a barrier without giving you an option to leave. So you have to pay to leave despite being forced to enter. When they tried this on me, I buzzed for assistance and demanded immediate exit without charge, which they gave me.

Most other airports have a free drop off and pick up point. Is this too much to ask of Liverpool? I wouldn’t be surprised if Peel Holdings we’re behind this. Money grabbing thieves.
Peel Holdings are fucking rob dogs.

There is a free drop off area but it' a good 10 mins walk outside and not signed. Website says it's signed never noticed any though
https://www.liverpoolairport.com/parking/drop-off-2/

If you drove all the way to the roundabout, where the camera van is, theres a sign showimg free car park for 20mins. However if you follow the normal signs for the car parks you wouldn't see this.
Manchester airport are now putting in the infrastructure to charge a drop off fee from April next year.
As for the bridge, some people are getting an extra hour at home now on a daily basis. Worth every penny.
There are big blue signs at the exits on both sides informing you to pay online by midnight tomorrow night. So more than 24 hours after you've crossed it. They've also started using the electronic signs to let you know you have to pay online at Merseyflow, however what if you're an older person with no pc skills or just computer illiterate?
Been thought through to maximise income if you ask me.

I got done at Liverpool airport £100 after lad I was picking up came out of airport so I stopped on the roundabout didn't even realise until I got back from my own holiday the robbing scouse cunts

There will be court cases about not knowing how to pay. How are people expected to read signs and note a website to pay while batting along at 60 mph? If it's an offence to use a mobile phone while driving, what about writing down a website address?

A friend went over the bridge in a hire car last week, but couldn't pay the toll online as he wasn't the registered owner of the vehicle.

He finally made payment by phoning them up, but only after going onto their website to find the phone number.

Not everyone has an internet connection, so I suppose they will be hit with a £60 charge through the post.

How are you going to find that phone number if you don't have an internet connection?

It really shouldn't be so difficult to pay a £2 fee.

A friend went over the bridge in a hire car last week, but couldn't pay the toll online as he wasn't the registered owner of the vehicle.

He finally made payment by phoning them up, but only after going onto their website to find the phone number.

Not everyone has an internet connection, so I suppose they will be hit with a £60 charge through the post.

How are you going to find that phone number if you don't have an internet connection?

It really shouldn't be so difficult to pay a £2 fee.

They don't want you to pay the toll.......much better at £60 a ticket

Notice the leader of Halton council reckons 95% of people are happy with the new bridge. As the chances are they will be residents who cross free what a surprise that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.