Messi a racist?

Re: Messi called a Racist.

alky313 said:
Before everyone leaps to Messi's aid I suggest you think twice. The psychology and social mores and taboos in South America are quite different. It's wholly possible this could happen. That being said it's doubtful. Messi has encountered far too many Black players for this to be some sort of rogue attempt at racism.

So had Suarez.

MSP said:
alky313 said:
Before everyone leaps to Messi's aid I suggest you think twice. The psychology and social mores and taboos in South America are quite different. It's wholly possible this could happen. That being said it's doubtful. Messi has encountered far too many Black players for this to be some sort of rogue attempt at racism.

So had Suarez.
But Suarez is a scumbag

CELTICRORY said:
MSP said:
alky313 said:

So had Suarez.
But Suarez is a scumbag

Yep. Clear pattern of idiocy and ignorance.

Yaya was a team mate of Messi. If there was any racisim at the club, surely Yaya would of not said he would like to finish his career at Barcelona or Alves, Etoo, Abidal would not either join or is still at the club?

alky313 said:

Plus he's been living in Spain since he was what, 13-14?

VOOMER said:
alky313 said:

Plus he's been living in Spain since he was what, 13-14?

Beat me to it.

Messi is not really of South American culture.

He was born there. Thats it.

Although to be fair he was injected into the equally racist Catalan culture from the age of 11 and probably thought nothing of it.

I don't have idea if Messi is racist or not, I guess he isn't.

But answers on this thread like on many others all over Internet are just showing double standards and hypocrisy.

Everyone wanks on Messi so, God forbid, he can't be racist.

Everyone laughed on Suarez's/Liverpool's explanations of "negro in South America" but it's suddenly an argument to defend the golden boy.

When Suarez/Evra thing happened, most of us here were saying that we would act different than Liverpool fans if some of our players would be accused for something like that. I don't think so, looking at this thread most of us (not me though) would act pretty same as dippers did.

Pihhh...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.