Metrolink

Abysmal experience on the Met last night, mainly after the game. They sent a single Alty tram after that game from Piccadilly, which was obviously rammed. Looking at the signs it looked like they were running a 12 minute service as well ffs!

They have recently changed the service to run to Media City, which has made the service poorer imho.

How was everyone else's experience?

I had a brief exchange online with someone from TFGM online. I found him very condescending when I questioned why the direct Altrincham tram.had been cancelled. Apparently everyone was complaining they were hard done by so they had to be fair. He reckoned the changes would improve the service to and from the match and I told him I very much doubted it. When I told him I would complain to metrolink direct he answered they would give me the same answer as they both discussed this before arriving at this decision. My reply to him was next time it might help to canvass the opinion of their customers before imposing something on them that nobody wants and is a big inconvenience. Tossers all of them!

As I walked down J M way I thought the queue looked quite small suggesting plenty of trams but apparently not. Maybe everyone has decided to just fuck it off and walk to town.

The bunch of Clowns running this public transport system are on a par with Premier League referees.

The catchment area for MCFC fans to the south of Manchester is huge and this was born out by the overcrowding on the Altrincham to Etihad service, when it was operating.

Why they had to change it is completely baffling, yesterday there was a huge crowd at Cornbrook who had mainly come off the Altrincham tram and a single unit arrived from Eccles to continue on to Ashton.

After the match there was a tram at the Etihad signed for Altrincham, they never said they would run specials after the match and if they can do this why not before as well?

Needless to say I could not get on that tram and had to get on the next one going to Eccles, I left this at St. Peter's square as they suggested and the next tram to Altrincham was shown as being in 10 minutes.

As somebody has stated they were not running a 7 minute service.

There is no point bringing this up with Metrolink or MCFC as they both do not give a toss about match going fans, is it any wonder there are empty seats for mid-week night matches with ridiculous kick off times?

Spot on! Still suffering the effects of the flu virus and with the weather atrocious I decided not to go last night. A big factor though is the appalling transport system especially at night which is making night games a real chore now. I saw all.the empty seats last night and I am not surprised. Many around me are talking about giving up night games completely.

Why last night was it an 8pm kick off when it wasn't on television? I would actually prefer a 7.30 pm kick off as as daft as it sounds getting away 15-30 minutes earlier can mean getting home a good hour earlier or more.

So poor is the tram.after the game it is quicker to get the bus into town and a 263 bus to Altrincham.

They actually put a double on direct from the Etihad to Alty after the game but it wasn’t advertised that they would do that. That makes more sense if they did that every game with singles starting at Picadilly.

I honestly think they make it up as they go along. It is widely announced that the tram to Alty/Eitihad was stopping last week, so oing to the match = no direct trams from Alty as expected. I walk down the Metro steps after the match to be greeted by a double showing the destination as Altrincham ! Various people on the tram actually thought the wrong destination sign was being shown. They are clowns, but not very funny ones.

The Metrolink held a 'question the management' event last week, it was at 10am on a Tuesday at Altrincham met stop, I wonder how many attended ?!?

The Metrolink held a 'question the management' event last week, it was at 10am on a Tuesday at Altrincham met stop, I wonder how many attended ?!?
Maybe if they held it in the evening they would have had a better turn out?

A morning open meeting just suggests ticking boxes rather than being prepared to tackle issues.

The tram service on matchday is progressively getting worse as each week goes by. I thought they had improved matters by putting on the Alty/Etihad direct back on after all the tram line works in Manchester city centre had finished. But no, after a couple of months they`ve returned to the having to change, and the use of single trams.
Then last night we`re told no Alty direct trams after the match. However upon getting to Piccadilly station we are met by a rammed Alty tram that`s just come from the ground.
Baffling, just baffling???

I live literally 50 meters from the met station in Alti, and didn't know about it... clowns sums it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.