Metrolink

im staying in the travelodge at piccadilly for the stoke game and was going to tram it to the ground, if the service is down on match day, how long would it take to walk to the etihad lads? it looks walkable on google maps but not being local im not sure of the time involved to walk it. thanks.

Piccadilly gardens to the ground is 25-30 mins I would estimate - usually stewards and plenty of blues to follow. Bus 216 goes from the front of that Travelodge I believe for £1? or 1.20? been a while since I used it and takes 10 mins or so. Tram is 3 stops odd and again 15 mins or less. Usually very busy 60-90 before kick off. I recommend jumping on before Piccadilly stations to get a space or seat.

Piccadilly gardens to the ground is 25-30 mins I would estimate - usually stewards and plenty of blues to follow. Bus 216 goes from the front of that Travelodge I believe for £1? or 1.20? been a while since I used it and takes 10 mins or so. Tram is 3 stops odd and again 15 mins or less. Usually very busy 60-90 before kick off. I recommend jumping on before Piccadilly stations to get a space or seat.
Bus is now £2 and can take up to thirty minutes as it did on Saturday

Bus is now £2 and can take up to thirty minutes as it did on Saturday

Brutal, I think the last think I was on it was pre the tram line but more often I just walk or tram out depending on time. Then with the road closures and crowds, walking is often much quicker back to the station.

Better still get on at St Peter Square, as loads of fans get on at Pic Gardens. The walk back from the Ethiad by the canal path that runs back into town is a nice walk of about 25 mins.

The Metrolink is not fit for purpose why they keep extending it when the current service is so erratic is stupid.

Lunchtime home match in shitty weather and the trams not functioning properly I despair.

Seriously considering staying at home and watching it on the TV.

It is really poor - I tried it a few times but it was incredibly slow and I have no desire to packed in a train like a sardine. The council and the police want people to use public transport - and in principle I agree but it has to be better than this. Slow, unreliable, expensive and overcrowded.

main-qimg-3c09dedda14261ac3ccb94af9c0ebb13-c
All Aboard for Etihad campus .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.