Metrolink

When do people realise that's si the most crap tram system, in Europe.
We need a march from Picc and block the line to the Stadium.

Totally agree with you I used it for 2 years commuting to work. Regular service failures, delays and crammed trams plus the staff are rude and unhelpful.
I gave up and now use the bus. Metrolink is rubbish

Totally agree with you I used it for 2 years commuting to work. Regular service failures, delays and crammed trams plus the staff are rude and unhelpful.
I gave up and now use the bus. Metrolink is rubbish

I think it has recently come into new ownership? The thing that bugs me about it is no one seems to coordinate it properly. You will often get two or three teams one after another going to the same place while waiting forever for one going to your destination. Matchdays are a nightmare. Can they not just run plenty of trams to and from the game at peak times to clear the crowds? We are talking from 2-3 and 5-6 pm on day games and say 6:30-8 and 9:45-11 pm on night games. Sure there might be some minor delays elsewhere but most people know there is a game on and will avoid the area or plan accordingly.

Also in the quiet daytime the system is flooded with staff checking tickets but at night when the drunks and undesirables are about they are nowhere to be seen.

I'm a tram driver and most of you are chatting shit ;-)

Yeah we have the odd fuck up but most of the time it's a 6 minute service to anywhere in Greater Manchester..I know because I drive it

Sometimes at the weekend there are 'shutdowns' in and around the city centre for essential maintenance work on the tracks..but we will always run services around that..last Saturday was a little different as a tram derailed (driver error) on Aytoun Street in the morning which was the cause of the disruption

We've just been taken over by Keolis/Amey and they are certainly making the right noises regarding much needed infrastructure upgrades etc..so hopefully they will follow it through

I s
Usual garbage service from Eccles. Waited 20 mins for 1 to appear then 10 minutes turnaround. Single unit.
I never learn.
i second that. If I want to go to town i'll almost always get a taxi now. The Metro is utter shite. It's soooo slow! For about £3 more I can get there in less than half the time.

Yeah we have the odd fuck up but most of the time it's a 6 minute service to anywhere in Greater Manchester..I know because I drive it

Sometimes at the weekend there are 'shutdowns' in and around the city centre for essential maintenance work on the tracks..but we will always run services around that..last Saturday was a little different as a tram derailed (driver error) on Aytoun Street in the morning which was the cause of the disruption

We've just been taken over by Keolis/Amey and they are certainly making the right noises regarding much needed infrastructure upgrades etc..so hopefully they will follow it through

From your perspective it might be but for many others paying to use it I am afraid it isn't. Can you answer why they sometimes run two or three trams in succession going to the same place when there is a long wait for where you actually want to go?

Sorry but totally disagree with your comment "odd f** up"
By my experience (albeit at rush hour) but why send single trams after 5pm on the Altrincham line where everyone is packed in and can't move?, also the delays are a joke and from experience a lot of times I used it was always hit with numerous problems that no other network seems to suffer with.
I gave up and I know that a lot of people feel exactly the same, people paying for the privilege of being squashed in

i use it most days on the airport line , the actual trams mainly run ok - my main gripe is the zero security on the trams . it is basically a free for all as you hardly ever see any ticket inspectors ( i cannot recall having my ticket checked for at least 3 months ) and yobs of all ages just treat it as a playground, verbally and physically abusing members of the public at will . it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously hurt or worse ?

Sorry but totally disagree with your comment "odd f** up"
By my experience (albeit at rush hour) but why send single trams after 5pm on the Altrincham line where everyone is packed in and can't move?, also the delays are a joke and from experience a lot of times I used it was always hit with numerous problems that no other network seems to suffer with.
I gave up and I know that a lot of people feel exactly the same, people paying for the privilege of being squashed in

Agree about the Altrincham line it is always busy yet a crap service. Trams to Eccles and media city half empty, Altrincham packed like sardines. One thing that used to really wind me up was having to get off at Timperly and catch one behind because they wanted to turn the tram around. It is TWO stops away and it is going back anyway! I have missed my bus connection a few times because of that.

Agree about the Altrincham line it is always busy yet a crap service. Trams to Eccles and media city half empty, Altrincham packed like sardines. One thing that used to really wind me up was having to get off at Timperly and catch one behind because they wanted to turn the tram around. It is TWO stops away and it is going back anyway! I have missed my bus connection a few times because of that.

I suffer with anxiety and don't like being in confined spaces - it became just unbearable being on one in the end to be honest.

I suffer with anxiety and don't like being in confined spaces - it became just unbearable being on one in the end to be honest.

Everywhere is packed post match/work I guess unless you wait for the crowds to die down. Aside from peak times and cock ups they aren't too bad as most buses are every 30-60 minutes. They must be great if you live within minutes walk from a station. My problem is I have to try and align it with my bus home which is difficult to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.