Metrolink

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by didsburyblu, 9 Sep 2017.

1. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    It's fine if traveling to Manchester from Oldham apart from the odd scrote pissing in the carriages or kids stinking of blow but only on off peak times.

I'm 10 mins walk from a tram stop and 3 mins from a bus stop any further away and I'd do the bus.

2. Alex-MCFC

Alex-MCFC

Ingolstadt in spirit - Manchester my abode
    My biggest gripe is that the Metrolink is vastly overpriced - for what is an average to poor service. If there are any more than one person travelling, it often works out cheaper and quicker to get a cab into town from anywhere inside the M60.

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Oh, and while yer at it, IBH, could you make sure that the new line also includes a traffic free cycle route?

4. BrianW

BrianW

The reason Metrolink is overpriced is that it receives no revenue subsidy whatsoever. You might like to take that up with local - and particularly national - politicians.

5. Grassland Blue

Grassland Blue

You can alternatively get the train to Ashburys, turn left at the bottom of the stairs and follow the crowds. Takes about 10 minutes.

6. manchester blue

manchester blue

Great idea. I'd use that a lot. Come on @IanBishopsHaircut get these sorted!!

7. Roachy

Roachy

Well get ready because the prices are going up again soon.

8. stadiumcat

stadiumcat

Chasing the rats
    If it was free I wouldn't use it going or coming from a match, slow, infrequent, overcrowded, no shelter while in long queues. What has i got going for it?

9. Sheik Yermoney

Sheik Yermoney

As already stated Bredbury & South Manchester SC run buses from The Crown for every home game. Plenty of car parking available at the nearby Bredbury train station. http://bredburyblues.com/home travel.htm

Also there's a bus that runs from the Sheperds Call on Market Street in Hyde for every home game. £7 return for adults.

Both drop off & pick up next to the Campus. Bredbury buses best for getting away quickly as the Hyde crowd tend to have a pint post match before setting off.

10. Gray

Gray

Retired
    Timperley - I was just too stubborn to ever be gov
    Delays on Ashton line Saturday 16th September, due to an "incident".

Worst light-rail system in Europe.