Metrolink..

Last night after the game was crazy. Last time I saw a queue like that was at the opening of a new rollercoaster at Alton Towers.

After Sunday i sacked it and drove , its been bad but just gets beyond frustrating now. On Sunday it lashed it down and thankfully stopped while we waited on platform but could not bear the thought of it last night. I have officially given up on Metrolink for good.

I have refused to use it since they stopped the direct trams from Altrincham. I set off earlier and catch the 263 bus there and back. Going back with the queues and overcrowding the bus is a more pleasant way to travel anyway. If not a Sunday game I also have the option of using the train too.

I am just one person but hopefully more will stop using it until they get the message. I have also refused used to use it on non match days. To add that insult to injury the prices have also risen.

I have refused to use it since they stopped the direct trams from Altrincham. I set off earlier and catch the 263 bus there and back. Going back with the queues and overcrowding the bus is a more pleasant way to travel anyway. If not a Sunday game I also have the option of using the train too.

I am just one person but hopefully more will stop using it until they get the message. I have also refused used to use it on non match days. To add that insult to injury the prices have also risen.
Get your point mate, but won't happen(people not using it) no matter bad it is. 3 trams to get to Chorlton, and every home game for months it's been pissing down. I get home or in the pub in shit order. Poor service all round at times.

Get your point mate, but won't happen(people not using it) no matter bad it is. 3 trams to get to Chorlton, and every home game for months it's been pissing down. I get home or in the pub in shit order. Poor service all round at times.

I know and I don't care. After a night game I can catch the bus and aside from the showsec shambles outside the ground for the bus into Piccadilly, I am home at the same time at being shoved and crushed/standing on the tram.

The police and TFGM could improve the bus service even more with some tweaking but they won't. The tram has become a third rate service all round and expensive at that. Out of principle it will not have my money again unless it listens to its customer base and improves.

The only time I've used the tram was when there was that fire on Ashton Old Road so couldn't get there by car. It was ok going but I got a lift to Central Park to get the tram back to Didsbury because there's no way I'd contemplate getting a tram from the stadium station. I also used it coming back from the swamp when we played them in the league cup and it was absolutely appalling. Squashed in like sardines and people unable to get off at their stops because of the crush. Plus they had won which didn't help.

Went into Altrincham today to catch a tram out to Piccadilly.

In came the Piccadilly tram with a 9 minutes to depart time. Then a Bury tram came and went followed by another Bury tram that did the same.

Our tram set off and the gentleman behind me started counting the trams coming from Manchester on the opposite track.

He counted 14 heading to Altrincham before getting off in the gardens and then another Altrincham tram pulled in.

On our return they were tipping people off at Timperley because there were too many trams for Altrincham to cope with.

Last two home matches I have caught the first available tram from St, Peters Square back to Altrincham and both times it was an overcrowded single unit.

METROLINK = INCOMPETENT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.