Metrolink..

The 263 bus is pretty frequent and usually after games with less traffic later heading that way is almost as quick as the tram.

The train is only one an hour but takes 30 minutes. After games it is packed until Stockport then pretty comfortable.

A bus?

I haven't used a bus for 20 years!

Unless that little thing which transports you across the tarmac to the plane counts?

Caught the tram from Shuddhill last night to Piccadilly intending to pick up a tram from there to the match. This is the main line junction with the Metro on match night. Between 6:45 and 7:20, 2 singles and a double heading for Ashton or the Etihad came through all packed so of the hundred or so on the platform only a dozen got on. In the same period 3 doubles terminated at the stop. All to go 100 yards to turn round and set off back to wherever picking up a fraction of the passengers compared with those on the platform trying to get to the Etihad. I am convinced that when the Metro started the bus companies took the chance to offload all their demic admin staff to Metro.

A bus?

Unless that little thing which transports you across the tarmac to the plane counts?

Ha ha!! Less packed than the tram. £5.60 anybus day saver. Altrincham and back and the 216 there and back plus any other bus too. Took me 40 minutes back on Sunday.

It was at it's brilliant worse yesterday, took ages for any tram to arrive at the Etihad then the Airport tram threw a wobbly.

Stopped at St. Werberghs road and the tram sign changed to "Tram to St. Werberghs Road". Then proceeded on to Barlow Moor Road where the tram sign changed to "Not in Service." Driver came out of his cab and suggested we all get off as he was only going as far as Sale Water Park, where my car was. A few of us stayed on and I eventually arrived home in Timperley 2 hours after the game finished.

Today they have had a car on the tracks and points failure.

It is a complete pile of shite.

It’s shockingky bad on matchdays.

I really don’t understand why they don’t have any trams going from Altrincham to the Etihad anymore.

Having to get a tram from Timperley to town, then change to the Etihad just seems utterly stupid in my opinion.

It' about time The Sheikh bought 4 or 5 of these fuckers and had them on a continuous loop running back n forth to town....£2 a pop job done

It' about time The Sheikh bought 4 or 5 of these fuckers and had them on a continuous loop running back n forth to town....£2 a pop job done
Not a bad shout! TfGM have proved they haven't got a clue how to maximise the matchday service. In Sheffield they have 5+ trams waiting to take people from football grounds or the arena - in Manchester they just run a service to a normal timetable.

I tried the tram it once, in December of all times. Penned in the queue like an animal freezing my balls off in the cold for half an hour. As with many others on here - I quickly decided "This is fucking shit. Definitely not doing this again!"

Fucking abysmal service gave up on it 2 years ago.
For a major European City our transport infrastructure is woeful.

A bus?

Is that what they are? I got off one last year because I didn't think it would take off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.